SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlefield 2042 (Possible October release)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlefield 2042 (Possible October release) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

https://youtu.be/ASzOzrB-a9E

Honestly, by now I have no more interest in Battlefield games, but it's good to see them continuing the series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The Motley Crue was a nice touch. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bah, wanted to see game play.

Cool mini movie, though, I guess.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Bah, wanted to see game play.

So impatient! June 13 for gameplay trailer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Jane Lynch got cut in half with a minigun, right before someone drove a quad into the helicopter. You know, because you bring fucking quads to the top of skyscrapers.

I'm going to ignore all the hype, like I always do, until release, because that way I can't be too disappointed. I'll end up playing it, if only because I have the EA Sucker Bitch Package, and get all their games.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I have the EA Sucker Bitch Package, and get all their games.

I for one welcome this new installment from our Pride and Accomplishment overlords.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Shit! Saw that earlier and was gonna post it.

While it's not an accurate representation of an actual Battlefield game (team tactics are actually in use in the video), it looks amazing! And with double the amount of players in a game from 64 to 128, it'll make for some interesting vehicle spawn camping and sniper duels.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sounds fun as shit. I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't played an online multiplayer with 128 people on a map at once since Tribes 2 back in 2002 or something.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

I haven't played an online multiplayer with 128 people on a map at once since Tribes 2 back in 2002 or something.

150 per match in Warzone.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't think I could afford the system upgrade required to play all game features on HIGH or MAXIMUM. Unfortunately, I don't have time for online gaming anymore. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

150 per match in Warzone.

Oh, cool. Missed that. Thanks.

Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
rom the link, is it US v USSR ?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's been US vs USSR since Bad Company 2.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I don't think it's been US vs USSR since Bad Company 2.

Bad Company 2 was Russians, not Soviets. Sounds like it's gonna be something similar here, 5 minutes in the future, fighting Russia.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/sPPCvTl4v70

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Beta access this weekend. Watched some early access game play this morning (streamer: IceManIsaaic). Looks cool but not having played the previous ones, would be interested to know some of your thoughts.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Game is absolutely beautiful to look at on the Series X!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Shit! I loved the original. My favorite game of all time. The battles were frequently kind of personal. Guess im going to have to get a new system and give this a whirl.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Any of you nerds do the Beta?

I played about 2 hours, it was Battlefield. Of course being the Beta there was one maps, and it was only conquest. Shocker there was a bigass tower where all the one-handed gamers stayed.

I liked that you could swap out the stuff on your primary without having to respawn. Grips and scopes and whatnot, that was pretty neat.

I wasn't blown away by anything though, it's Battlefield, here's a gun, kill those guys over there. Wub wub wib wub wubwub. I'll probably end up playing it a bit, as long as the other nerds I'm with are, and I have the EA Sucker Bitch Package, so I own it anyway.

quote: