SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Anxious for season four. I've seen Paul Calderon in a few other things & he was okay, but I thought he really fit the part of Det. (Jimmy) Robertson.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thanks to SF and posts like this one, I'm now reading the first in the book series and have gained access to Amazon Prime to watch...have seen most of the pilot episode and I think I'm hooked already!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheFrontRange,

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting me on to this, started watching because I just had a back procedure and was told it's "Netflix Week"--well, Amazon Prime in my case.

Not familiar with the books which may be an advantage if it's a good series.

Watched the first episode and wife insisted we go on, and I heartily agreed.

Nice to find a US police procedural that's intelligent, well-acted, well-written.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Not familiar with the books which may be an advantage if it's a good series.

The relationship between the books and the series is touch and go. The "seasons" include themes from several (more than one, anyway) books, plus they include material that does not happen in the books. The point being, the books stand alone, apart from the series, and are well worth the reading, if you like reading. Connelly is a great author. I have been reading his books for 25 years now.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finished it last night and enjoyed the cliff-hanger ending. Now, how long to wait til season 4? Wink

I'll be picking up House of Cards at the end of the month.

I listened to several "Bosch" books on tape years ago, but nothing came back to me watching these shows.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We finished it this weekend. Drawing from multiple books makes the plotlines complicated.

I think all of the characters are great, especially the squad and their interaction. I really like Edgar, too.

I lost my breath in S3E3 when that special ops guy tried to run over Bosch. I was sure that the stuntman would get hit. I watched it over and over about 5 times. Amazingly close.

Looks like they already have set up 3 plotlines for S4:
- Walker
- Bosch's wife and the FBI
- Murderess who got away with it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Not to derail this thread -- I promise I'll get back on target -- but has anyone with a "smart" TV found that searching for content on Amazon (Prime) is so much more difficult than it is on a computer? Amazon throws Bosch in your face on the smart TV, so I have no problem tuning it in, but there is so much more content available that just disappears through the cracks on the TV.

I'm just now starting to search on my computer and then plug in the results on my TV when I find something I want to watch.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You're not the only one...smart TVs are rather limited on the streaming side, my parents kept having problems with their sony and literally would have to wait about 2 minutes or so for the tv to buffer before prime or netflix would start playing but we tested a Amazon Fire Tv and video playback was within 10 seconds of clicking on the video!!! I highly recommend the Fire TV.

quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Not to derail this thread -- I promise I'll get back on target -- but has anyone with a "smart" TV found that searching for content on Amazon (Prime) is so much more difficult than it is on a computer? Amazon throws Bosch in your face on the smart TV, so I have no problem tuning it in, but there is so much more content available that just disappears through the cracks on the TV.

I'm just now starting to search on my computer and then plug in the results on my TV when I find something I want to watch.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Not to derail this thread -- I promise I'll get back on target -- but has anyone with a "smart" TV found that searching for content on Amazon (Prime) is so much more difficult than it is on a computer?

You are not alone. No smart TV here, but a Roku box. All searching and updating my watchlist is done on the computer. Same thing for my Kindle. Though it has a search function, I find it much easier to go to the library (or Amazon) website on the computer and make my choices there, then load them on the Kindle.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I use a fire stick.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Finally finished season 3. Another great season. I really think I have to read the books. It also makes me want to rewatch the Wire. Wish I had more time...

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I had more time...

Ain't that the truth!

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
- Walker

Don't forget the Korea Town Killer is still out there.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
- Walker

Don't forget the Korea Town Killer is still out there.

Yeah, how did they not wrap that up this season? I thought Irving was going to recognize him from the mug shot when KTK came to the town hall speaking session to gloat.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I watched all 3 seasons in a little over a week. Great series! I too will have to go read the books now.

Did anyone else catch the line thrown in by Irv to the commercials the actor did for LED light bulbs? I believe it was in season 2, because he was in his house with his wife and they were getting ready for bed. She made a comment about it being dark, and he said something along the line of "maybe it's time to upgrade to LED's in here".
Just a quick moment, but it was a little Easter egg thrown in.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
I watched all 3 seasons in a little over a week. Great series! I too will have to go read the books now.

Did anyone else catch the line thrown in by Irv to the commercials the actor did for LED light bulbs? I believe it was in season 2, because he was in his house with his wife and they were getting ready for bed. She made a comment about it being dark, and he said something along the line of "maybe it's time to upgrade to LED's in here".
Just a quick moment, but it was a little Easter egg thrown in.

Found one of them on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/YT8Lhb0_y-0

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Season 4 is available now.

Posts: 3228 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Season 4 is available now.

Great news, thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
A solid first episode to Season 4. Looking forward to watching the rest!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh yeah! Thanks for the heads up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post