SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^I really like that actor. It was interesting how he went from an FBI agent undercover as a Ukranian thug to a clean cut agent.

I agree with others that this last season was very underwhelming. There were just no action scenes whatsoever, either.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
In the second episode when Bosch was complaining about the apartment company evicting granny because her grandson was dealing drugs out of the apartment.

Ah. I wasn't really paying attention to that scene and may have missed key details. And I don't know anything about the intent, history or efficacy of the laws/programs here.

If granny is completely innocent and unaware, it seems unfair to evict her for the actions of the grandson. Bar the grandson from the premises but allow the granny to reside there.

If the granny is innocent but aware, tricky. She may not like it but can't control her grandson. Or she may not care.

If the granny is complicit, aware and approving or involved, then by all means, evict.

I assume that the situation is the first case but didn't really pay attention.

BTW, I like crate and barrel. They are funny and always willing to help out, even w/ tedious, menial but valuable tasks. They never complain, they just do the job.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Wifey and I just started watching it last week. It has been an excellent summer binge. I am glad we have another 51 episodes to go, well 49 after tonight Wink.

Its reminds me of the Lincoln Lawyer but then I remembered the Michael Connelly connection and stopped feeling clever.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
If granny is completely innocent and unaware, it seems unfair to evict her for the actions of the grandson. Bar the grandson from the premises but allow the granny to reside there.

If the granny is innocent but aware, tricky. She may not like it but can't control her grandson. Or she may not care.

If the granny is complicit, aware and approving or involved, then by all means, evict.

Under the model tenant lease, it doesn't matter what granny knew or didn't know, she signed it so has to abide by it. Several police response and arrests for drug dealing is proof enough to evict.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Under the model tenant lease, it doesn't matter what granny knew or didn't know, she signed it so has to abide by it. Several police response and arrests for drug dealing is proof enough to evict.

I see. But regardless of the protocol and terms, I'm not sure it's fair to evict granny if she didn't know. That seems rather harsh to me. I would prefer to double the penalty on the grandson. I'm not sure I would consider Bosch a douchbag if he didn't agree with evicting granny if she wasn't aware.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I finished all 8 episodes today. Meh. If you’re a fan of the series then I say watch it through to the end. There are some good scenes, and Bosch is Bosch. Jerry Edgar is struggling with his demons through much of the season, but it is a slow burn with no real climax. A mildly disappointing end to a great series.

Agreed. I watched the whole season, but it was a slog.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
quote:

I see. But regardless of the protocol and terms, I'm not sure it's fair to evict granny if she didn't know. That seems rather harsh to me. I would prefer to double the penalty on the grandson. I'm not sure I would consider Bosch a douchbag if he didn't agree with evicting granny if she wasn't aware.

Jumping in here, I saw that the point that Bosch was making was that the drug traffickers wanted granny removed because she snitched. And that the new apartment manager acted on their "complaint" because she is owned by the traffickers. Book Bosch wouldn't have revealed his suspicions to the manager but TV Bosch has to.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd.

I just finished the last season and really enjoyed. I do agree that things can get old, but keep in mind, these are based on the books....did they get old?

SPOILER!!!!

I've only read one book after he left the department, but enjoyed it. If that's what we will see for a spin off, I'm looking forward to it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38645 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rules are rules. The “granny didn’t know” routine becomes the excuse of the week and no one gets punished. The apartments then become a lawless war zone because they know that they just hide behind granny.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Agree rules are rules. But doesn't seem right to kick out granny is she's innocent. Dealers can't hide behind granny - bar the grandson for entering the building. No issues with that. Still don't see why granny needs to get kicked out if she doesn't know what's going on. Doesn't seem like an excuse of the week if the grandson is barred from the building.

If granny is complicit, of course kick her out too.

But whatever, I don't really care. There are too many rules that are more unjust than this to care. Just doesn't seem right to punish the innocent.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agree rules are rules. But doesn't seem right to kick out granny is she's innocent. Dealers can't hide behind granny - bar the grandson for entering the building. No issues with that. Still don't see why granny needs to get kicked out if she doesn't know what's going on. Doesn't seem like an excuse of the week if the grandson is barred from the building.

But whatever, I don't really care. There are too many rules that are more unjust than this to care. Just doesn't seem right to punish the innocent.

Then granny can go live elsewhere, some place that doesn't have the same lease clauses....which tolerates or encourages drug dealing and thuggery. How about punishing the stupid or those who turn a blind eye? In cases I have seen, there is no way in hell the resident did not know about the dope dealing. I think the fact that police/DEA made several arrests for the same persons at the same apartment is a clue.

For me, season 7 was the weakest. Still trying to determine who the true villain was: Gang Leader, FBI, Chief, or Bosch????? The story was not up to the previous seasons standards.

All that said, I may check out the spin off series just to see what it will be about.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Granny signed the lease. She knew the rules. She agreed to the rules. No whining about it after it doesn't go your way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Finished season 7 tonight. My wife and I both thought it was very good. Different strokes, eh?

Posts: 13235 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I binged it. While the storyline was not quite up to previous seasons, I enjoyed it. And the ending seemed to indicate we may see Harry again. Not as a series, but maybe as a movie.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reedman:
Wondering what the resulting new off-shoot program will be like?

I wouldn't mind a season or two based on another of Connelly's characters, the Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller), who is also Bosch's half brother. The LL books are up to 6 now. There has been a movie, but there seems to be plenty of material to make up a series.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
"We're really concentrating on one book, it's called "The Wrong Side of Goodbye". Michael Connelly.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wrapped up the final season last night.
Overall, enjoyed it, though it was a bit of a slower pace.

Curious to see where the continuation goes. Harry's next step seems apparent, but Maddie is still up in the air.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15275 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I'm about 1/2 through I guess and will probably finish at some point but the writers may be to woke for me. Never would have learned what I guess is the latest attack of white men by the leftists if I hadn't watched. I hadn't heard of Incels before.

Posts: 273 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I finished it up. While not as good as the other seasons, I enjoyed it. Jerry’s issues is really what I disliked. I guess I was blind to the claims of “wokeness”. I saw the side story with Grace as being more about cliches that occur in policing, and commanders being petty. That actually happens. A lot..

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post