SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Heavy SJW theme also

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
So, sounds like skip this season?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I finished all 8 episodes today. Meh. If you’re a fan of the series then I say watch it through to the end. There are some good scenes, and Bosch is Bosch. Jerry Edgar is struggling with his demons through much of the season, but it is a slow burn with no real climax. A mildly disappointing end to a great series.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I finished all 8 episodes today. Meh. If you’re a fan of the series then I say watch it through to the end. There are some good scenes, and Bosch is Bosch. Jerry Edgar is struggling with his demons through much of the season, but it is a slow burn with no real climax. A mildly disappointing end to a great series.

Thats a bummer to hear, but still looking forward to watching.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We just finished it and thought the finale was great.

SPOILERS BELOW

By the way, I saw this on IMDB, which they set up at the end of the finale.

SPOILER

Started filming June 23, 2021.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
towards the ending of the last episode you knew that he was heading for that big clash with Irving. I was thinking that if he did hand in his badge he would make a great PI, and Maddy working along with him..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I finished it yesterday. It was ok and worth the time I put into it. It became predictable, but there has been such a shortage of anything decent to watch it probably felt better than it was in all actuality.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode last night. No opinion on it yet.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just finished the season. I didn't read too much into SJW content. To me, it wasn't so much about equal rights for lesbians but more about prejudices against women. So I won't complain about the message.

Overall, I thought the season could have been a bit more involved and the drama Edgar was going through could have been curtailed, but it was a decent season.

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
We just finished it and thought the finale was great.

SPOILERS BELOW

By the way, I saw this on IMDB, which they set up at the end of the finale.

SPOILER

Started filming June 23, 2021.

To be fair, last season's content was written when he was a P.I. slash provisional detective for whatever that small town was. So it's about time for him to actually move on from the LAPD.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The character is losing me. Bosch is more and more of a douchebag with every season.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Binged through 6. So far, kinda meh. Locals reaping what they sow. Corrupt and biased government politicians. Uninteresting side story.

Not sure what I was expecting but the theme and story is rather tired.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The character is losing me. Bosch is more and more of a douchebag with every season.

Curious about this. Why do you think this?

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I can see Bosch eventually working for Honey “Money” Chandler Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Curious about this. Why do you think this?

Not my original post but I do feel the same way. In the second episode when Bosch was complaining about the apartment company evicting granny because her grandson was dealing drugs out of the apartment. There was a model tenant program started under Bush II that put criminal clauses in the lease agreements. Well that was one of the cases the ACLU took to court along with another one where a disabled woman's nurse was dealing drugs out of her apartment. The courts sided with the apartment owners and the signed leases. Another part of the program was background checks. Guess what, it actually worked and dropped all crime in those apartment complexes by getting the dope dealers and gangbangers out. We had some problem apartments in my area but once the apartment management went with the model apartment lease we have not had one call to those apartments. Obummer started killing the program in his second term but the leases were still out there. As a savvy street cop and detective, Bosch would know that Dope Dealers/Gangs = violence and death.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new season snuck up on us this weekend--didn't see it was available until Sunday. I think we only had time for 4 episodes. I expect the Bosch franchise as it is will not weather the current political climate well--hence this being the last season. Wondering what the resulting new off-shoot program will be like?

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I binged season 7 this weekend while avoiding the 112 temps outside. It was okay at best. I think there will be a spin off, but probably a good thing this series ended.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed the show, but there is a limit to how many seasons a show can remain at the top of its game. After three or four, they just can't maintain freshness and be innovative.

I think Bosch got there a season or two ago. It is still good, and I will watch this last season, but the stories have been a little repetitive.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll need to rewatch the last couple of episodes as I was really tired. However, for me it ranks solely in last place as far as the seasons go. It is hard to keep delivering, and this season proved that. At times it felt as if Bosch wasn’t even the main character anymore. J Edgar’s story line was weird, understandable, but they could have done a better job. Crate and Barrel, even less of a role and hated to see them confined to a desk.

I’ll rewatch it in the future, maybe I’ll catch some stuff I missed/makes it a better story line.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I was disappointed with season 7.
If season 7 was season 1 I probably would not have made it past the first few episodes.

Very predictable, Bosch and Maddy will go to work for "Money", why else would she survive.I'm sure "Money" will see the light after she survives her injury's and with Bosch and Maddy, work at cleaning up all types of social injustice.
Makes me GAG just thinking about it.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, yes it was predictable

Was good to see Shaggy back working

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post