SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Self assembled Gerstner tool box?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Self assembled Gerstner tool box? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I'm looking for a nice storage box, for a couple knives and daily carry stuff. Right now I have a valet tray but it's not that great for my needs.

I usually carry a ZT0350 or similar, a 2 cell Surefire, pen, watch etc. if it had a drawer that would spot that would fit a pistol that be a bonus.

I'm looking at the Gerstner self assemble and stained box if it seems like a good fit. Thoughts or something similar?

http://gerstnerusa.com/made-in...-kit-chests/1607-kit

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to drive down to the Gerstner shop when I lived in Dayton. Great place to visit. I was disappointed when they began to outsource to China
Love my Gerstner chest!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gerstner has two product lines, their original, which is still USA made; and Gerstner International which is sourced from overseas. The International line is available, it appears from selected outlets, while the made in USA products are from Gerstner and their traditional sellers. I haven't visited the website lately, can't comment about the origin of their kits....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have one of the "international" boxes. For the price, I consider it a good value. Gerstner seems to be one of those companies that imposes certain standards on their Chinese "makers". It is not a USA made Gerstner, in their old tradition, by any means, but it works well, and is well-crafted. It is a good example of outsourcing manufacture, to certain standards, for a price benefit.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The one I'm looking at is a Made in USA kit.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
Gerstner has two product lines, their original, which is still USA made; and Gerstner International which is sourced from overseas. The International line is available, it appears from selected outlets, while the made in USA products are from Gerstner and their traditional sellers. I haven't visited the website lately, can't comment about the origin of their kits....

I learned about the two product lines at this year's SHOT Show. I was at their booth talking with a lady whose name was Gerstner . Her father or grandfather started the company .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post