SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any fans of Itchy Boots (aka Noraly S)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any fans of Itchy Boots (aka Noraly S)? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Been enjoy a small binge over the holidays

https://youtu.be/k3tXaBCxtWA

Itchy Boots

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch her video where she rides with the Dutch cops at their state of the art training facility. And they will show how the Dutch Police BMW cop bikes are set up and equipped.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've whittled away a lot of time watching her adventures.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Currently she’s been in Ecuador (Season 6) headed back to Alaska after Covid in season two where she bounced out of Peru due to lockdowns in 2020.

South Africa to Namibia over to Botswana then Zimbabwe, back to South Africa was pretty cool. Solo adventure riding in places few would try. Season five.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I just started following her adventures. It got a bit scary for her in Peru at the beginning of the pandemic when the residents of the small town she was staying appeared to be turning against her afraid that she may be Covid positive. I was glad to see her get out to Ecuador for the evacuation flight. She's much more adventurous than I.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I just started following her adventures. It got a bit scary for her in Peru at the beginning of the pandemic when the residents of the small town she was staying appeared to be turning against her afraid that she may be Covid positive. I was glad to see her get out to Ecuador for the evacuation flight. She's much more adventurous than I.

Indeed; who could foresee that risk.

Picture in the local paper, police visiting daily and hospital staff as well, while you’re tested negative but the state governor still shows up … you gotta bug out. Eek

~Robert A. Heinlein

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Indeed. She is quite the trooper with her travels and video editing skills.

She's in Wyoming now and I wonder if she's coming to the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota. We'll see.... Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I've been following her travels for some time. The footage she shoots is amazing.
She is a pretty brave young lady.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching her travels off and on. Is she was traveling on the east coast I think it would be fun to ride along with her for a day.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Been watching her adventure for a while now. Certainly a brave and adventurous young lady. Very impressed with her motorcycle and riding skills.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It seems like her postings are about a month behind her actual journey… Now posting out of Wyoming, USA.

A little surprise she didn’t understand the weather in the mountains of Colorado. But I lived there a long time and know that in the summer, you need to be off the mountain by noon, especially above tree line. (Actually it’s closer to 11 AM, as the storms roll in with lightning becomes a real danger along with ice and snow.)

~Robert A. Heinlein

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another to check out is Eva Zu Beck, a polish gal doing a solo journey. She recently entered the USA.
https://www.youtube.com/c/EvazuBeckOfficial

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I ran across this video of Kinga Tanajewska back in 2016 when I got back into riding. Her videos are what led me to Itchy Boots sometime later. Kinga usually rides a BMW F800GS.

Solo Female Ride Around Australia -Tour De Oz 2/2 - OnHerBike.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/onherbike/videos

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
My 11 y.o. daughter and I watch ItchyBoots. I told her, “Don’t get any ideas about traveling solo across Mexico.”

One thing I like about her videos is how she explains the geology of the terrain while she’s traveling. She was a geologist in a previous career as I understand it, and it shows.

Posts: 840 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post