SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone playing Starfield yet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone playing Starfield yet? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, some interesting dilemmas with the Artifact and Starseed(?) missions.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I'm not positive how many hours I have at the moment but I did the start of the main quest up to the meet and greet with the Constellation. I haven't gone any further with that yet, haven't even officially got my first companion yet. I ended up jumping on the Vanguard line and just finished that... yesterday??... several days playing through that line, along with the general "oh what's over there??" stuff as usual lol.

BUT...companion wise, maybe a small spoiler Smile

You can apparently get Amelia Earhart as a ships crew member, filling the pilot role and you can take her along as a companion apparently. I found her and she is currently set as co-pilot for my crew Cool Not 100% positive yet what perks my crew are adding to the ship but I couldn't pass up having her as part of the crew Big Grin

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
If you go into you character screen, the bottom right has your ship. Click on the ship and it appears like the build screen. There is a crew button. Select crew and it will show you who is assigned to your ship and who is available. They also display their skills that affect your ship or what they offer as companions when off ship with you.

Best regards,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I'm maybe a couple of hours into the game, doing some side quests along with the main .

Unfortunately, my PC barely meets min. requirements, so all settings are set at low, and it shows. I stopped playing because...

I have a new rig being shipped this week!!
Once it's set up, I'll be diving in bigtime!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My Starborn power page says I have 5 undiscovered temples remaining but there are only 3 spaces left to fill?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
My Starborn power page says I have 5 undiscovered temples remaining but there are only 3 spaces left to fill?

I read there are 24 total temples and powers. I am not sure where they all fit. I need to learn the others, I mainly love the personal oxygen one.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
***not sure if this is a SPOILER***

**really it is a question/thoughts about the end***

I am one artifact from the "Unity". I am trying to decide to reset or just keep playing "my universe"

I do not have any regrets, have not always made the right decision and I am really enjoying doing all the side quests. I do not know if I am going to play through again. Thoughts?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I think the main quest is the most boring quest line in the game. So far, I’m to the point after you have to make the choice to defend the Lodge or the Eye. I’ve gotten like 6 or 7 of the powers, but I haven’t ever used any of them in the game. Some of them don’t really seem to do anything, and some of the power descriptions are fairly vague.

I found the UC Vanguard and Freestar Collective quest lines much more entertaining. The quest to get the Mantis was pretty fun too. Right now I’m finishing up the Ryujin questline, which is annoying difficult with two stealth missions, with the second one being exceptionally hard. After that gets done, not sure whether I’ll go back to the main quest, or do the Crimson Fleet quest, or just do a bunch of side quests.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am trying to decide to reset or just keep playing "my universe" Thoughts?

The New Game+ mode allows you to ignore the main questline altogether and just sends you to find the Artifacts and temples. If you don't know already, there are ten levels of New Game+. Each time, you level your Starborn powers, gain better Starborn armor, and better weapons. But it gets repetitive and is mostly just for completionists.

I'm actually considering restarting the game altogether just to do side quests before progressing the main storyline to the point where the Starborn constantly harass you.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crimson Fleet or UC Sysdef? I’m getting near the point in the CF storyline where I have to side with one or the other. A lot of people say that sticking with the CF is the better option because you don’t lose access to The Key, but is that such a big deal? If you’re into smuggling contraband, can’t you upgrade your ships with shielded cargo containers and jammers at their shipyard before you make your choice? And can’t you sell contraband at other places like The Den? What are you actually losing by choosing UC Sysdef? The credit and XP rewards are the same.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I went UC since I primarily choose the "good" path in RPGs. I don't deal with contraband in the game so I did not miss the Key. You do get a good ship if you choose the UC route and a big chunk of change.

This questline is my favorite so far.

quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Crimson Fleet or UC Sysdef? I’m getting near the point in the CF storyline where I have to side with one or the other. A lot of people say that sticking with the CF is the better option because you don’t lose access to The Key, but is that such a big deal? If you’re into smuggling contraband, can’t you upgrade your ships with shielded cargo containers and jammers at their shipyard before you make your choice? And can’t you sell contraband at other places like The Den? What are you actually losing by choosing UC Sysdef? The credit and XP rewards are the same.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
If you have contraband, the Wolf system has "The Den"

I am opting not to go for game+. May create a new character to try the "evil" playthrough.

I am grinding with bounties to get get crew size up and some of the other perks.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't help on which way to go but The Den will always be available for contraband. You can get the shielded cargo and jammers from The Red Mile in Porrima. The jammers will stack but only to.... I think 60% or close to that.
I have two level 3 jammers with a good amount of shielded cargo and.... I can't remember what skill that is related to it....and I am only at 90% chance of not being detected.
Also always remember to put contraban items into the ship storage. Do not keep it on you, and if you are heading somewhere other than The Den or The Key, do a quick save before you jump. If you are detected just reload the quick save and try again. Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought the Narwhal ship. What a beast! Ship comes with three auto turrets, but I immediately upgraded their power and range, and changed the facing on the two side turrets to fire forward. Left the third one pointed to the rear to protect my six. In the first combat, the turrets were chopping up enemies before I could even get a target lock for the missiles. Plus a C class reactor with 36 power. Massive upgrade from the Star Eagle.

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just bought the Narwhal ship. What a beast! Ship comes with three auto turrets, but I immediately upgraded their power and range, and changed the facing on the two side turrets to fire forward. Left the third one pointed to the rear to protect my six. In the first combat, the turrets were chopping up enemies before I could even get a target lock for the missiles. Plus a C class reactor with 36 power. Massive upgrade from the Star Eagle.

I have a couple auto turrets on my current ship as well. As nice as they are it does make it hard to just disable and board ships to commandeer them lol. The auto turrets tear them to shreds before I can even lock on as well Big Grin

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
If you want to board ships, just power down your turrets. I was having the same issue, even after equipping a couple of fixed weapons. Depriving the turrets of power solved that.

Now the only problem is even the fixed guns as too powerful. I wanted to board the Warlock but even trying to kill his weapons and engine destroyed the whole ship.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Where did you buy your upgrades? I have not played around with that part of the game very much but I did buy the Narwhal. I would like to max it out.

quote:

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Where did you buy your upgrades? I have not played around with that part of the game very much but I did buy the Narwhal. I would like to max it out.

Think I upgraded the turrets when I bought the ship. Either same vendor, or the Ship Services tech there by the pad.