SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I Never Tire Of Dire Straights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Never Tire Of Dire Straights Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
First CD I ever bought Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Listen to them as well as all of Mark's solo work too. His latest dropped yesterday.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I guess I would put it this way. I never tire of Mark Knopfler.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Brothers in Arms always brings back memories of a weekend roadtrip to New Buffalo MI.

Really good music

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
A small venue Mark Knopfler solo show should be on your bucket list.

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Brothers in Arms always brings back memories of a weekend roadtrip to New Buffalo MI.

Surprised woke Youtube hasn't banned this.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I bought the Box Set of their Live 1978-1992 just recently.
I believe it is new release (not the music but the complication as a box set).
It is great.
I also enjoy box sets (both LP and CD) because you get some good stuff with it.
Sounds amazing. Cool

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I guess I would put it this way. I never tire of Mark Knopfler.

Yes, me too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Mark Knopfler new album released this week.

https://www.universalmusic.ca/...ed-on-april-12-2024/

One Deep River is out!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12113 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have their first three albums, I love the sound of that period of Knopfler's career. I used to have Brother in Arms, but my roommate "borrowed" it and I never got another copy.

I remember when they first came on the scene, kids in my high school were thinking they were punk rock/new wave, same with early Cheap Trick and Tom Petty at the time. Here is the Knopfler brothers in happier times; like Ray and Dave Davies of The Kinks, the Knopfler brothers had a falling out in the early years, don't know if they patched things up.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
A small venue Mark Knopfler solo show should be on your bucket list.

It may be too late. I think he’s retired from touring.

When I saw him in 2019, he spent some time chatting with the audience, saying stuff that strongly hinted he was going to hang it up. In fact, I went home that night and bought tickets to see him again in Phoenix at the end of the tour because I suspected it might be my last chance to see him.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Mark Knopfler new album released this week.

https://www.universalmusic.ca/...ed-on-april-12-2024/

One Deep River is out!

0-0

Got mine today! Cool

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Knopfler has some pretty great licks.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
From the Sailing to Philadelphia album. His guitar playing isn’t as flashy in this one, but it’s such a great melody.

“What It Is”

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Tribute to "Money for Nothing" (from the 1989 movie UHF):

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7260 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post