SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence is on TCM now!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence is on TCM now! Login/Join 
posted
Just came home from eating dinner with the wife and saw that this classic western is on. I wish I knew about it sooner.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO SPOILERS!!!!!! Razz

Posts: 245 | Registered: April 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Y'ever wonder why the bad guy is named Liberty and the good guy is named Ransom?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Ever notice, during the meeting, when Ransom goes out to think, the signs in the corner when John Wayne comes in, aren't the same ones when they walk out?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"That's my steak, Valance."

posted Hide Post
Great movie.
Saw it first time on DVD a couple of months ago.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A couple of months ago? You're a teenager, are ya? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Couple of months ago you say?

Well then, here's the song to go with it. [FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/vDN4L7cAQf0 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never seen this one, missed it tonight

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched. Never saw the start of it before for some reason.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never understood that "print the legend" business . Always sounds backwards the way they say it .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edmond Obrien was a very underrated actor. He stole the show.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
"You talk too much, think too much. Besides, YOU didn't kill Liberty Valance".
Great flick Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
"You talk too much, think too much. Besides, YOU didn't kill Liberty Valance".
Great flick Wink

"What?!"

"Think back, Pilgrim. Valance came out of the saloon. You were walking towards him when he fired his first shot. Remember?..."

Yep. Great flick. Nine years old in 1962. Improvised movie room in small resort in Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Will never forget it; became a lifelong favorite.

EDIT: And a little audio/visual to practice my embedding skills...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0XcHPO3rc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amals,

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You taught her to read and write. Now give her something to read and write about."

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Doc Willoughby is Ken Murray. The guy who took home movies of the stars that TCM regularly plays.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorites. There is so much great symbolism and allegories, I pick something new up every time I watch it.

Those were some fine looking steaks they served up too.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
One of my all time favorites. There is so much great symbolism and allegories, I pick something new up every time I watch it.

Those were some fine looking steaks they served up too.

Except the one Jimmy Stewart picked up off the floor and slapped back on the plate... Big Grin

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post