SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stumbled on to the USFL reboot "inaugural" game today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stumbled on to the USFL reboot "inaugural" game today Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Strange to find both Fox and NBC carrying the same game on OTA TV.

First blush is that it is a breath of fresh air from the woke, narcissistic, SJW, thug-ville NFL. Time will tell obviously but glad to see the USFL reboot.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Won't watch NFL but must admit I enjoyed tonight's USFL game.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was over my parents last night when my Dad told me the USFL was on again and I thought he was BSing me. They were a thing last when I was in middle school!

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was searching for something online, and an article came up that the opening game started at 730pm.

I watched the pre-game and most of the game.

I enjoyed it, and it seemed the guys were there to play.

There are three games on today.

I was also in middle school when the original USFL started in 1983.

I thought the Ohio Glory was part of that league but I was wrong. They were part of the World Football league.

Columbus was awarded the WLAF franchise after the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks posted an 0-10 season. Ohio did not do much better, posting a 1-9 record after one season of play.

EDIT:
I have the Michigan vs Houston game on in the background.
The stands are deserted. A completely different story from last night's game.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting the league is being underwritten by Fox Sports... and has zero affiliation or, connection with the original USFL

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post