SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Here's Looking At You, Kid
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's Looking At You, Kid Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
I've lost count of how many times I've seen this movie. But, I haven't watched it for a few years so I need to watch it again soon. A great movie with so many memorable scenes.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll always have Paris

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Round up the usual suspects!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling going on here".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling going on here".

Best line, but so much going om from this movie.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been impressed by how clear and precise Claude Rains spoke in the movies I've seen him.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16307 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Play "La Marseillaise"! Play it!

Rick nods, the band begins, the crowd sings, I choke up. Every time I see it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
My ALL-TIME FAVORITE MOVIE, and IMHO, the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE.

Why do I say that; here are the following reasons:
1). Conflicted hero;
2). Beautiful woman;
3). All-time “bad guys”;
4). Supporting cast of “colorful characters”;
5). Most memorable lines of dialogue;
6). Ultimate redemption of the human soul;
7). It can NEVER EVER be “re-made”, as that time can not be re-created since too much History has occurred. Even Warner Bros. attempted to with “Passage to Marseilles” using many of same cast, but it just didn’t work.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
8). A film that had both a rogue and a scoundrel, and by the end of the film, you love them both.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

I love Casablanca and I love the film whose title was inspired by this line.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
My ALL-TIME FAVORITE MOVIE, and IMHO, the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE.

Why do I say that; here are the following reasons:
1). Conflicted hero;
2). Beautiful woman;
3). All-time “bad guys”;
4). Supporting cast of “colorful characters”;
5). Most memorable lines of dialogue;
6). Ultimate redemption of the human soul;
7). It can NEVER EVER be “re-made”, as that time can not be re-created since too much History has occurred. Even Warner Bros. attempted to with “Passage to Marseilles” using many of same cast, but it just didn’t work.

8) Excellent ending.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The band playing La Marseillaise made me want to know the lyrics in English. It surprised me how blood thirsty it is. The French National Anthem is bad ass!
No wonder the Nazis were pissed when they heard it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Major Strasser has been shot...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I've always been impressed by how clear and precise Claude Rains spoke in the movies I've seen him.

I believe he was well-known and recognized for his voice and his elocution. I imagine para would be able to comment on that.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Ugarte:
You despise me, don't you?

Rick:
If I gave you any thought I probably would.

Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post