SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Daredevil season 3 on Netflix October 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daredevil season 3 on Netflix October 19 Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I am anxiously awaiting the third season of Daredevil on Netwlix and it is almost here, October 19. What a crazy plot twist. By far my favorite of the Marvel series on Netflix.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I still haven't seen Iron Fist, Luke Cage, or the Defenders.

Punisher was awesome and the first season of Jessica Jones was good

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I still haven't seen Iron Fist, Luke Cage, or the Defenders.

Punisher was awesome and the first season of Jessica Jones was good

Watch the Defenders BEFORE Daredevil season 3. Iron Fist season 1 sucked but season 2 was much better (i enjoyed it).

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Iron Fist was pretty lame though I have only seen the first couple episodes of season 2. I read recently there will be no more seasons of Iron Fist.

I have not started on season 2 yet of Luke Cage as I was pretty turned off about comments of it being blatantly politically left.

I am really looking forward to another season of the Punisher.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I never saw The Punisher so I can't comment on it. I have to say that Daredevil was the only one that I've ever truly been interested in. I enjoyed both seasons immediately and all the way through. I couldn't say that about Jessica Jones. Season 1 finished strong and was satisfying but the lead-up was boring as hell. What I saw of Luke Cage in Jessica Jones was enough to sway me to avoid watching his series. And Iron Fist came too late for me to even give a shit, anymore. Because I disliked 3 of the characters, I knew wasn't going to bother watching Defenders.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Iron Fist was pretty lame though I have only seen the first couple episodes of season 2. I read recently there will be no more seasons of Iron Fist.

I have not started on season 2 yet of Luke Cage as I was pretty turned off about comments of it being blatantly politically left.

No season 3 of Iron Fist on Netflix. MCU is going to do it for their streaming service.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

No season 3 of Iron Fist on Netflix. MCU is going to do it for their streaming service.

Thanks for that info!

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Luke Cage was pretty good. What did you think a Harlem based would be? The music, and the way it was used in to he show is worth it. I thought the politics was a bit muted considering the story line.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Finishing up on season 2 of Iron Fist today and will watch last couple episodes again of Defenders and then I will start on season 3 of Daredevil.

to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Same day as release of Daredvil Season 3, Netflix announced Luke Cage will not be back for season 3. It really sounds like they are going to take it to the streaming service or trying to build speculation/hype for a Heroes For Hire show with both Iron Fist and Cage.

They saw what a dud the new Star Trek was for the CBS streaming service, so they probably want to take known shows with fan base into a new streaming service.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Episode 1. Daredevil vs the nun LOL.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just finished the season. No spoilers except to say Foggy and Karen have good taste in beer. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Just finished the season. No spoilers except to say Foggy and Karen have good taste in beer. Big Grin

I am about half way through and will add these observations:
1. Foggy's girlfriend is really hot! Karen Page looks good in jeans!

2. Maggie The Nun makes Stick seem like a beta male emotional support counselor for snowflakes. Talk about tough love.

to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Up to episode 8 now. Just read on line that episode #3's prison hallway "break out" 11.5 minute scene was all shot in ONE take. Damn. Cool

UPDATED 10/23/18: Finished it and WOW. I hope they have a season 4.........somewhere.

Fisk is truly evil and could give lessons to the Devil on manipulating and corrupting people.

Oh, and Karen Page looks really, really (yes it is a two really rating) good in jeans and tights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Lol - Karen Page ( Deborah Ann Woll) is pretty.

If you like her in jeans, check her out in "True Blood" on HBO. She is in a lot less

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two and part of the third episode last night.
Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Just finished first 4 episodes. That Agent Poindexter is one fucked up guy. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in the plot and looks like Fisk is trying to recruit him. Karen likes carrying a big old pistol around to scare punks LOL. Matt can't catch a break even in a taxi ride.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Finished episode 8. Learned Maggie's big secret.

Really liking season 3 so far.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Late to the game here. When I was growing up, I liked Spidey the most. DD was okay but never left an impression on me.

I'm not sure how close the series character is to the original comic book but I'm not liking it. He's got some skills. And his background intentions are good. But did they make the series character woke? Or was he always this wimpy?

Seriously, he going against serial, hard core bad guys. Sociopaths. Not some guy who turned to crime out of desperation. These are guys who like the violence and crime.

His friends are getting chopped up. Like Elektra. But please don't kill the bad guys. WTF?

I like Punisher; S2 was about watching the Punisher more than DD. DD kind of makes me puke. I'm about halfway through S2 and would probably stop now if not for wanting to see how this works out for Punisher. May not continue w/ S3.

In my mind, he's just half assing shit. Either do it or don't do it. Hate this half ass shit.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I barely remember season 3. 2nd half of season 2 with Electra was awful. All in all, the series started strong, but went out with a whimper.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post