SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Terminal List
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Terminal List Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
Anybody read the book? I've only seen good reviews. Not sure if this is a movie or a series, but the author was on Joe Rogan a year ago and said it was a series.

Looks good and has to be better than The Tomorrow War. Razz

ETA: I see now it says it a series in the trailer.

Posts: 11146 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
"Jack Carr" is a retired SEAL turned author. Terminal List was his first effort. It's not on the level of Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn, but an entertaining read for fans of the genre. Looking forward to seeing how they do with the adaptation.

Posts: 693 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Hopefully rated TV-MA vs TV-14.

Decent stuff, though some of it feels a bit pandering with some of the gear call outs in the book.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading it (The Terminal List) after hearing about Jack Carr on TFB TV's youtube channel.

I'm about halfway through and I'm enjoying it so far.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to this series. While some of the scenes seem over the top, it is a fictional story. I am current on the entire series at this point.

Jack Carr is a gear head as is obvious in the books. That is one of the items that brings authenticity to his writing. As someone who enjoys all things shooting it's refreshing reading fiction that gets the details right when it comes to gear. He as no issue identifying friends of his in real life while writing and referencing companies and gear that they have developed then using them as such in his writing.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the TV series. I’ve read all of his books and excited that his newest installment ’In the Blood’ will be out in May.

He does a really great job of story telling linked with many technical details based on his personal experience.

He also has an entertaining podcast. The most recent features a conversation with Kyle Lamb.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Reviving an old thread. Started this series last night, after a 2nd full run through The Expanse

Only 1 episode in, but not bad so far. The way it's presented definitely makes you doubt what you're being shown.
Haven't read the book, might have to look into that afterward.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I read the book before they made it into a series. Very good. It feels sorta kinda like Vince Flynn's "Term Limits" story (which is one of my favorite VF books), but with a different twist.

Posts: 7242 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Good series, I have watched it twice all the way thru. And read his first five books. Good entertainment for me.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
***** spoiler alert *****

My wife bailed when the wife and family were murdered. I wanted to keep watching because it felt like the closest thing to a modern day rendition of Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse.

I think I’m about 2 or 3 episodes in. Is it definitely worth continuing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
***** spoiler alert *****

My wife bailed when the wife and family were murdered. I wanted to keep watching because it felt like the closest thing to a modern day rendition of Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse.

I think I’m about 2 or 3 episodes in. Is it definitely worth continuing?

Absolutely. You should keep going. And if you make it through episode 4 or 5 when they go to Mexico and decide it's not for you, you can bail at that point.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it although it is like any movie of it's type. What I mean is the believability is pretty stretched but overall really good. Chris Pratt does a great job.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
5 episodes in. Mexico was crazy.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the book and watched the series some time back. I would rate it a 6 out of 10. Better than average, good but not great.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
I read the book and watched the series some time back. I would rate it a 6 out of 10. Better than average, good but not great.

So far I'd agree with that, maybe a 7.
Riley's plane in the Mexico episode had me googling. Very sleek looking.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
5 episodes in. Mexico was crazy.

Wink

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed it. Any series that has a P226 as as supporting actor is fine by me.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finished it tonight, definitely didn't see the twist coming.

posted Hide Post
I have read all but the last one, no. 5 I think. It fits right in with the genre so from that viewpoint it is very readable with maybe a few new twists.

Posts: 515 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
He keeps on referring to Black Point Tactical holsters in his books. I bought one for my HK P2000 and they are a well designed and built Kydex holster. Thread drift off.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post