SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What does Neil Diamond mean to you?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does Neil Diamond mean to you? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
For those who only know him through his big bands and almost bombastic musical style, listen to his 12 Songs album he did with producer Rick Ruben. Perhaps my favorite Neil Diamond album, made in 2005. Mostly just him and a guitar, with occasional accompaniment by Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell (Tom Petty's Heartbreakers).

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16713 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
We saw him in concert in Wichita at the KS Coliseum back in the day. It was mid 1980's I think. He put on a good show. I was pleasantly surprised as I was/am not a fan of his genera and was pretty much dragged to the show.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm a child of the 80's and my mother used to listen to a lot of Neil Diamond. He was part of the soundtrack to my childhood.

Posts: 17180 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post