SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    AC/DC, Let There be Rock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AC/DC, Let There be Rock Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
Good stuff, live 1978.
Long Live Rock n Roll.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
One of the very best, prefer Brian Johnson in the lead, don't know why, Bon Scott was damn good also.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been fortunate to have seen them live 4 times (beginning with the For Those About To Rock tour so only with Brian Johnson as front man) and there is no way to describe the electric energy that is generated between the band and a live audience.

I only have two regrets:

1. I’ve had ONLY seen AC/DC 4 times
And
2. I never got to see them perform live with Bon Scott out front.

Unlike other bands, their live performances sound nearly just like the studio versions of their songs. Probably because they keep it simple. THEY JUST ROCK YOUR PANTS OFF!!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
OH yeah AC/DC saw them at Rupp Arena years ago, the one place that would be awesome to see the band perform was River Plate in Argentina, the energy there had to be off the charts.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right at the beginning at :14 it appears Bon is taking a big swig of whiskey. RIP to a great rock frontman. Firs time I heard “Death by misadventure” described in a death certificate

Such a Great rythym and blues band as they describe themselves. I only got to see them 2x in the Johnson era. Once was indoors and my ears rang for a week. Loudest concert I ever attended.

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen them 14 times over the years. All Brian years. Wife and I met Brian sitting next to us in a bar in Sarasota last year. Nicest guy you could imagine. Pretty sure I had a thread on that. Love that band. The Let There Be Rock movie is awesome. If You Want Blood is one of the best live albums of all time, in my opinion.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Such a Great rythym and blues band as they describe themselves.

Once I was explaining to someone that I did not like metal music, it wasn't my cup of tea. He asked who I liked and I named off a bunch of bands, including The Stones, The Who, etc. When I mentioned AC/DC, he shot back to me "they're metal" and I corrected him- they are a rhythm and blues band. They just played it faster and louder.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Such a Great rythym and blues band as they describe themselves.

Once I was explaining to someone that I did not like metal music, it wasn't my cup of tea. He asked who I liked and I named off a bunch of bands, including The Stones, The Who, etc. When I mentioned AC/DC, he shot back to me "they're metal" and I corrected him- they are a rhythm and blues band. They just played it faster and louder.

Their first few records before Mutt Lange go ahold of them are so bluesy and soulful. My personal favorite of their music.

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great stuff. I do sometimes miss doze daze...

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post