SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Help Finding Old Sci-Fi Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Finding Old Sci-Fi Movie Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I remember watching this sometime in the mid-80's growing up, it was on UHF TV on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

What I remember:
1. Scientist main character was placed into some kind of experimental suspended animation chamber for a test that was supposed to last a couple days
2. He got buried in some kind of earthquake or other disaster and forgotten
3. He gets discovered hundreds of years later by people who revive him
4. During his time in suspended animation, WWIII had occurred and society had changed into factions of survivors
5. There was some sort of fancy high speed underground train they all got around on.

Any ideas?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Genesis II?

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
From Genesis II:
In 1979, NASA scientist Dylan Hunt (Alex Cord) is working on "Project Ganymede", a suspended animation system for astronauts on long-duration space flights. As chief of the project he volunteers for the first multi-day test. He places himself in chemically induced hibernation deep inside Carlsbad Caverns; while there, his lab is buried in an earthquake. The monitoring equipment is damaged and fails to awake him at the intended end of the test. He awakens instead in 2133, emerging into a chaotic post-apocalyptic world. An event called "The Great Conflict" (a third and final World War) destroyed the civilization of Hunt's time.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
From Genesis II:
In 1979, NASA scientist Dylan Hunt (Alex Cord) is working on "Project Ganymede", a suspended animation system for astronauts on long-duration space flights. As chief of the project he volunteers for the first multi-day test. He places himself in chemically induced hibernation deep inside Carlsbad Caverns; while there, his lab is buried in an earthquake. The monitoring equipment is damaged and fails to awake him at the intended end of the test. He awakens instead in 2133, emerging into a chaotic post-apocalyptic world. An event called "The Great Conflict" (a third and final World War) destroyed the civilization of Hunt's time.

I think that's it!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Please give Vgex credit. I merely Googled his response and posted the description of the movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Genesis II?

Thanks, that was it!

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Genesis II?

Thanks, that was it!

You're very welcome.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The whole film is on YouTube. Just watched as much of it as I could stand a few weeks ago. IIRC, it may have been mis-titled by the poster, but that could have been another one I was watching.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post