SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV Show "COPS" coming back
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Show "COPS" coming back Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Fans of the hit show, COPS, rejoice --- the 32-season documentary reality legal program that aired on FOX in March of 1989 and wrapped in 2020 on the Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV) has been greenlit to return to Fox Nation this Fall.

The series, which will see its revival with a Season 33 this October, follows city police officers across the country during patrol, calls for service, and other police activities. The show has also featured both state and federal agencies, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the United States Marshals Service.

Fox Nation, the streaming service complement to Fox News Channel, has announced it will inherit the rights to the series after it was canceled in the wake of the George Floyd protests. Fans will be able to catch up on the latest season before watching the new, 33rd installment. The 8-episode revival season is slated to air on Friday, October 1, with Fox Nation releasing four episodes for fans to binge. Each Friday thereafter, an additional episode will be released until Friday, October 29.

In making the announcement, Fox Nation President Jason Klarman said, "COPS is one of the most iconic brands on television with an incredibly passionate fan base. We wanted to show our appreciation to all first responders by combining the launch with a free one-year subscription to give back in a small way to those who place their lives on the line every day to keep us safe."

COPS is the recipient of four primetime Emmy nominations. In 1993, it earned the American Television Award for Best Reality-Based Program. Sign up on Fox Nation to watch the reboot this October.

Active First Responders currently working as Police, EMS, or firefighters can enjoy one year of Fox Nation content for free! Click here to get your free Fox Nation subscription today.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...to-air-on-fox-nation

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I fully expect the BLM Movement communists to go all out on an attempt to cancel the series again. Terrorist threats/acts were effective during the immediate aftermath of Floyd's death and I have no doubt they'll be employed again. I hope FOX is up to standing firm against them.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Once again, greed outweighs common sense. It's going to be one of two things: It's going to be phony as shit, or it's going to be a disaster.

But, hey, there's a dime to be made, so, here come the whores.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I only watched COPS a few times, but I especially liked it when a big cop would take down a perp, then the camera would cut away and when it came back a small female cop was making the bust.

Saw the same thing on some show years ago about prison guards. Females would step back and the males would do the take down.

What a farce.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I only watched COPS a few times, but I especially liked it when a big cop would take down a perp, then the camera would cut away and when it came back a small female cop was making the bust.

Saw the same thing on some show years ago about prison guards. Females would step back and the males would do the take down.

What a farce.

100% scripted. I gave up when they aired the episode where the one-legged cop wearing all his gear chased down and captured an 'urban' youth wearing shorts, t shirt, and sneakers.

FFS

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites.

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I bet they'll only arrest white folk.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you’re right!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer Live P.D.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed COPS, one of the very few TV shows I watched.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They only showed the pinch. No paperwork. No booking. No babysitting your customer in the ER. No meetings with the prosecutor or multiple court appearances.
So... Unrealistic for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I'd prefer Live P.D.

Absolutely concur!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Re: the COPS clip above, where the citizen says “...and then he had the nerve to call me ‘George Bush’...”

Love it! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post