SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tom Verlaine (from the band Television) passed away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Verlaine (from the band Television) passed away Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
link

When I was in college, I bought Television's debut album Marquee Moon and I thought it was the most awesome record at the time. I remember being in a little shit college band and we played a very sloppy version of "See No Evil".

Verlaine did not get to be as famous as his peers like David Bryne, Debbie Harry, Patti Smith, or The Ramones. But what a great guitar player. Rest in Peace.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Not particularly fond of Tom but i grabbed some of his music when the opportunity showed up. Rem mber the band Television when it was sort of significant.
Call it nostalgia. Will search my music library.

Those were the days of my youth. My brains soaked in a lot of music and it was my lonely pastime.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post