SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Today is Mac&Cheese Day.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today is Mac&Cheese Day. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
What is your favorite recipe?

I just tried this one from Chef John from Food Wishes and found it to be quite good (plus very quick and easy).

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c4t3bkGeDY

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I have ever eaten M&C in my life.

But....between M&C and chicken nuggets, my 5 grand-kids hardly eat anything else. Their recipe is Kraft.

Inspiring isn't it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Anthony Bourdain's 4-cheese version of Mac n'Cheese. I've tinkered with the cheese variety (smoked cheddars & Gruyere's) but, mainly keep to the same structure, which is always a hit with guests. Adding the ham is a really nice touch.

Pro tip: make a day before hand, let it cool and settle. Reheat, cut and serve, it'll retain its shape better on the plate.

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My youngest son is going to love this one. Guaranteed.

Dude is a Mac & Cheese afficianado. Cool

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I like Anthony Bourdain's 4-cheese version of Mac n'Cheese. I've tinkered with the cheese variety (smoked cheddars & Gruyere's) but, mainly keep to the same structure, which is always a hit with guests. Adding the ham is a really nice touch.

Pro tip: make a day before hand, let it cool and settle. Reheat, cut and serve, it'll retain its shape better on the plate.

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
What is your favorite recipe?

I just tried this one from Chef John from Food Wishes and found it to be quite good (plus very quick and easy).

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c4t3bkGeDY

Made this yesterday and it was good. Had leftovers today and I think it was even better.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This has become my new standard way to fix mac&cheese.

Just a caution: If you prefer aged cheddar (as I do), then heat it carefully and don't let it boil after the cheese has been added. There is no roux and the cheese will quickly crack and you'll have an oily mess.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I have two favorites, one easy and cheap and the other is quite detailed and can run rather expensive on the Mac & Cheese side because of all the cheeses but I trot it out when I want to impress someone.

The easy

https://www.epicurious.com/rec...655289f396ee25b17006

The other

https://www.epicurious.com/rec...-mac-cheese-52862221

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post