SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jay Leno hospitalized after suffering serious burns in garage accident
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jay Leno hospitalized after suffering serious burns in garage accident Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jay told a reporter before his first engagement after the accident that he was going to do two shows, one regular and one extra crispy.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have met him twice, once at a performance in Virginia and again at the Pebble Beach Concours. Very down to earth guy. No entourage.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Leno being interviewed last night night on Adam Corolla's show. Interesting interview, talks about the fire and his experience afterwards. He is one solid man. Starts at the 55:30 mark.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Jay.

There’s nothing worse than whiny celebrities.

Can you imagine if someone like Alyssa Milano received such burns? She'd be milking this with self-pity Instagram posts and phony introspection, all done with the intent of gaining maximum attention and maximum sympathy.

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I guess he is back on stage again performing. Good for him. He made a solid joke , that went something like , “Which Jay Leno did you guys show up to see? Original or extra crispy.”

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.today.com/popcultu...-interview-rcna61579

I enjoyed Mr Leno speaking about the incident here. Video is on the page.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were talking about him at breakfast.
When you stop and think of all of the people in the entertainment industry

That are in front of the camera.
No one could name more than three people that they would invite over for supper.
And
He is one that made the cut.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And now to add insult to injury, CNBC has apparently cancelled his show:

Jay Leno’s 30-Year Run at NBCUniversal Poised to End as CNBC Cancels His ‘Garage’ Car Series

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
And now to add insult to injury...

...Leno was also in a motorcycle accident over a week ago, broke his collarbone, some ribs and injured his knee.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...racks-jokes-about-it

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
VINwiki did Leno's [partial, 15 cars IIRC] collection as part of their appraisal series

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
And now to add insult to injury, CNBC has apparently cancelled his show:

Honestly, compared to his YouTube videos, the Garage series felt forced and scripted. There was very little that was natural about it, which is a stark contrast to the YouTube content he produced prior to and alongside the television series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post