SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I loved how they would get barricaded or imprisoned in a building that just happened to be a workshop full of tools. Big Grin You'd think the villains or MPs would catch on to this after the first time.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I loved how they would get barricaded or imprisoned in a building that just happened to be a workshop full of tools. Big Grin You'd think the villains or MPs would catch on to this after the first time.

The A-Team taught me that if I ever have to secure somebody they will be naked, bound and put in an empty, preferably concrete room.

James Bond taught me that there will be NO monologue unless I have kneecapped you first and ALL air handling in my lair will be too small for a human.

Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
In passing I saw a scene in McIver where he used an Uzi to turn the big valve to a water hose so he could spray and knock down the bad guys coming towards him shooting at him....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
To get past the network censors, the producers couldn't show on-screen deaths. Making unaccurized Mini-14s the perfect choice for not hitting anyone

Smile Big Grin Wink

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
... oh yes, and we need a cannon.

Where are we going to get a cannon?

(cuts to scene in front of city hall with a bunch of chains... and a cannon). ---->

Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
C'mon, who did not love that show?

I even enjoyed the movie.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

I always wanted a more gritty spin off. Think something with the technical accuracy of “SEAL Team”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

I always wanted a more gritty spin off. Think something with the technical accuracy of “SEAL Team”.

You know I used to think that many moons ago but this show in all its cartoon goofiness has a charm that shouldn’t be screwed with IMO. I did actually like the movie and felt it tried to walk that line between goofy charm with some more realism but I don’t want a REALISTIC and or grim dark A-Team. I am totally down for that with other properties but not the A-Team.

That’s just me though.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That’s why I said a spin off and not a remake. You look at “The A Team” in the 80s, and the next evolution to me which was “The Unit” in the 2000s, and “SEAL Team” around present day. While “The A Team” wasn’t really in the same genre as the other two, it kinda was to me.

The A Team did have cutting edge weapons for the time. We first saw M16s and M60s, and in later seasons we saw some stuff that we only saw in gun magazines.

Fast forward to “The Unit”, the prop master was sorta lazy. Single tube NVGs, Blackhawk zip up load bearing vests worn as armor, and eventually 416s with ACOGs mounted on carrying handles. Fast forward again to SEAL Team. I made a post about SEAL Team a couple of years ago, and largely got the response of “ugggg another SEAL show”. To a nerd, the show is awesome. Gear is period correct, right down to plate carrier set ups. Dual tube and Panno night vision, 416s properly set up with later additions of Noveske and Dead Air suppressors. The thing that really sold me is the tactics.

I’d love to see a gritty spin off with a very good technical director and prop master. I think it would be entertaining and be great for my inner 16 year old. Which is what TV is really about to me. Feeding the nerd and 16 year old from the same plate. I don’t watch these shows to learn about the deep struggles of being falsely accused of a crime you didn’t commit, or the home life struggles of being a Tier One operator. I watch it to turn the brain off and be entertained. Huge bonus points for technical accuracy or for the characters being likeable, wise-cracking and entertaining.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I remember towards the end of the A-team's run, they added Robert Vaughn as a Napoleon Solo/Oscar Goldman type character. I think they were planning to make the A-team more James Bondish.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Fair enough and you are spot on with the Unit and SEAL Team and my inner geek totally gets it. You are also right about the “gear” on the A-Team for the time. Hell they even talk about carrying hollow point ammo with one in the pipe in an episode or two which always grabs me especially through the lense of the era. As we are on the subject let’s recognize those two unsung heroes of 80s TV, the HK P7 and P9. Those suckers popped up in everything from the A-Team to Magnum and everything in between. Smile

I would totally be down for a “realistic” modern A-Team esque show.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bad guy: Who wants to know?

B.A. Me fool!

Murdock: Me too suckah!

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Great show while in my early teens. I don't think anyone actually died or got shot.

Bull FullBright was the only in episode death on the show...

They also shot Bogey the Bear.

Little guy didn't hide behind the tree good enough. Wink

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
They also shot Bogey the Bear.

Ohh my God murdocks voice, the jingle etc. all came into my head like I was watching it in front of me when I read that.

“I’m Bogie the bear, I’m covered in hair….” Smile

So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
At the office I used to work it became a ritual to play the A-Team theme song 1 minute before quittin' time. Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BA got shot in the leg at least 1 time.
Kinda jumped the shark when they brought in that reporter girl and the young guy. Otherwise lived for this when I was 8-12 years old or so.

Hannibal had the best handguns and watches. Smith autos and Browning hi power in the rotation. I still want a Baylor chronograph. They had Heuer Autavia movements.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post