SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
The first episode premiered 40 years ago today.

I love it when a plan comes together.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
“I WANT TRASH BAGS!!!!”

40 years huh. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pity the fool who didn't watch this show.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
..... These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help.........

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great show while in my early teens. I don't think anyone actually died or got shot.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Breakfast at Tiffany's. Banacek. A-Team. Hard to believe 40 ago.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Interesting factoid: those were not fully automatic Ruger AC-556s as commonly believed, but regular semi-auto Mini-14s. The actors were simply pulling the trigger quickly, with rapid-fire audio dubbed in and plenty of squibs going off.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Great show while in my early teens. I don't think anyone actually died or got shot.

Bull FullBright was the only in episode death on the show as part of the action in the Sound of Thunder. There was a mob guy killed off screen in the rabbit that ate Las Vegas.

The A-Team is my happy place show. All the action you could ever want. The good guys always win. The bad guys always lose and nobody ever really gets hurt. It’s a live action cartoon but one of how I wished the world really functioned.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I remember TV violence was a big hot topic when that show first ran. To get past the network censors, the producers couldn't show on-screen deaths. Making unaccurized Mini-14s the perfect choice for not hitting anyone (uh, suppressive fire, that's what it was).

There also had to be a voice-over after a car was blown into the air, landing on its roof (pretty much happened at least once in every episode). "Are you OK, Joe?" "Yeah, I'm OK."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If you want a laugh look up the Family Guy A-Team episode. They touch on how jacked up all those guys in the car accidents would be. Smile

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

But 537 gazillion rounds were expended. Those guys were lousy shots.

I always used to wonder why they always shot at peoples' feet.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I contend those guys were AMAZING SHOTS. I mean with that volume of fire you’d think the’d be hitting folks left and right by accident. Smile

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
..... These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help.........

And if you can find them...

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Jeep drives partially behind bush, Jeep flips over. I imagine their stunt guys are all screwed and plated together and questioning their career choices at this point. If they're still alive I suppose. 40 years...

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
they even had to always show the bad guys crawling out of the car or away from the flipped jeep .. totally intact.

I personally could not get into the show... but still do repeat the quote, "I love it when a plan comes together" often.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That show always cracked me up. Guy in a helicopter, 100 feet up, shooting full auto at 20 guys on the ground, who are shooting back. Not a single round hits anybody.

Then, the Team is locked in a garage, and manages to create a functioning amphibious tank out of scraps.

BUT, even 40 yrs ago, I figured the most unrealistic part of the entire show was of all the times BA got captured (at least every other episode), NOBODY stole his gold.

I mean, they are trying to rob a bank for $10,000, yet here is this captive wearing $30,000 worth of gold.

But, I did really enjoy the show. It was good entertainment, the same way a Godzilla movie is for me.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
PAPRIKA!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor 'ol Colonel Decker... always a day late and a dollar short.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Even the Ouija board was against him.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
PAPRIKA!

“You want ME to go out there and ask B.A. for PAPRIKA????” Smile