Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The Isle of Man TT just got canceled. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

That fucking race wasn’t even until the very end of May!!!!

Catalunya, and Mugello, cancelled. Fucking Mugello? Rossi's last years and this. Oh well, life.

Edit: Very likely chance that the entire season will be cancelled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sylvain Guintoli’s channel is awesome. Did you see his video on the new GSX-R1000 vs the MotoGP bike track record at Donington park?

Just did. That was cool. 10 second difference. I'd like to see that same bike with cat delete, can + tune, race tires and a warmer track. Holy smokes Eek

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Covid-19 testing at Daytona International Speedway.

Strange times.

I wonder if this is being done at other race venues throughout the world.

"Coronavirus (COVID-19) Drive-through Screening and Testing at Daytona International Speedway
Cost: Free
Event Type: Screening
Insurance accepted, no out of pocket cost.

We’re here to support you during the coronavirus pandemic with safe, convenient testing out in the community. If you’re experiencing symptoms of coronavirus (such as fever and cough) you can visit our drive-through screening and testing site at Daytona International Speedway to determine if you qualify for a COVID-19 test. "

https://www.adventhealth.com/c...-and-testing-daytona

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I read something today where an economist predicted Japan’s economy could contract as much as 25% just this quarter. I really hope we don’t see teams pull out of GP racing because of this. The last time the economy took a dump Suzuki pulled out of GP racing. I am reeeeeally hoping history doesn’t repeat itself in that regard. Especially when their bike and riders are showing such potential.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Engine and aero development in MotoGP has been suspended until 2022.

While that headline is worrisome at first glance it’s probably good news. Does it mean we won’t have a 2020 or 2021 season? This was my first thought. I don’t think so. It’s more of a way to help struggling manufacturers that don’t have pockets as deep as Honda. I believe it’s an attempt to keep the smaller manufacturers from jumping ship and leaving Grand Prix racing. Maybe it’ll open the door for Kawasaki to enter the fray but that is not very likely given the state of the world economy currently.

Link to article

I really hope we don’t see any teams leave GP racing because of China’s recklessness in releasing a plague upon the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
F1 did similar & is effectively freezing development (except McLaren, who is switching from Renault to Mercedes engines for 2021) & carrying 2020 regs in to 2021, with the proposed 2021 regs being postponed into 2022.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
FINALLY! Some good news! Rins signed with Suzuki for the 2021 & 2022 race season! Suzuki’s chances of winning a championship in the next few years just went up big time!!! Cool

Now can we just return to our regularly scheduled lives sometime soon?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
FINALLY! Some good news! Rins signed with Suzuki for the 2021 & 2022 race season! Suzuki’s chances of winning a championship in the next few years just went up big time!!! Cool

Now can we just return to our regularly scheduled lives sometime soon?

Please, some normality would be nice.

Was hoping to ride to Ducati Island on my new Corse with the Stoner Livery, but looks like next year now.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
We are less than a week away from racing!!!!

You guys getting exited? Suzuki is going to kick some ass this year. I can feel it. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely ready but I think the season will be even shorter than what's been announced.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I'm definitely ready but I think the season will be even shorter than what's been announced.

They just canceled COTA, and Argentina too soon. I think it's Europe only, and they may due Buriam and Sepang, maybe. It's a cluster.

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
KTM hates HRC more than anyone. It’s personal. HRC just dealt them a blow signing Pol. Stops the KTM development as Pol was their lead development guy. And then HRC gets all the KTM data.

Ducati is fucking over Dovi like they do all their riders. They are demanding he take 1/3 of his salary, more or less for next year and Andrea is not pleased, and his manager is even saying he may take off 2021. So now Ducati is talking to Lorenzo after Lin Jarvis told him they have no room for him at Yamaha. Just goes to show Lorenzo and his “retirement” was a bunch of bullshit. That was just his way of bitching out on his HRC contract. Man is he the modern day Max Biaggi.

Calendar is crap. No Mugello, no Assen, and two rounds at Austria? That track shouldn’t even be on the calendar. Oh well, better than nothing.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I honestly don’t blame JL for jumping ship from Honda. MM rides the absolute shit out of that bike to get results and has paid dearly to find the limit. The Honda has insane straight line speed but isn’t nearly as agile as other bikes on the grid. JL realized he wasn’t going to get anything done on the Honda without a lot of crashes in the process and decided to save his body a bit. It makes sense. If you’re not feeling it you’re not feeling it. He clearly wasn’t getting good vibes from the Honda. He looked positively awful on that machine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Everyone in the paddock, including Yorga, knows the Honda is setup for one man, MM. The entire development has been wrapped around him for 7 years now. The bike rides the way it does because that's been MM's direction. Rounding the corner as Yamaha does, hasn't worked in years. The winning bikes are v'ing the corners, Ducati, and the Honda, which is why they win the most. JL doesn't ride like that, never has, it was his fault for going there.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Today was a one day test prior to FP1 on Friday @ Jerez. Combined times from today. The second session was cut in half due to a power cut at the circuit, and an oil spill caused by Espargaro's Aprilia blowing up. This was an issue for Aprila back in Qatar at the first preseason test also. They have a problem with reliability.

Pos No Rider Bike Session Time Diff Prev
1 12 Maverick Viñales Yamaha M1 S2 1:37.793
2 20 Fabio Quartararo Yamaha M1 S2 1:37.911 0.118 0.118
3 93 Marc Márquez Honda RC213V S1 1:37.941 0.148 0.030
4 42 Alex Rins Suzuki GSX-RR S1 1:38.193 0.400 0.252
5 46 Valentino Rossi Yamaha M1 S1 1:38.222 0.429 0.029
6 41 Aleix Espargaro Aprilia RS-GP S1 1:38.285 0.492 0.063
7 35 Cal Crutchlow Honda RC213V S1 1:38.313 0.520 0.028
8 43 Jack Miller Ducati GP20 S1 1:38.348 0.555 0.035
9 36 Joan Mir Suzuki GSX-RR S2 1:38.380 0.587 0.032
10 63 Francesco Bagnaia Ducati GP20 S2 1:38.417 0.624 0.037
11 88 Miguel Oliveira KTM RC16 S1 1:38.426 0.633 0.009
12 5 Johann Zarco Ducati GP19 S2 1:38.513 0.720 0.087
13 44 Pol Espargaro KTM RC16 S2 1:38.592 0.799 0.079
14 21 Franco Morbidelli Yamaha M1 S2 1:38.646 0.853 0.054
15 4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati GP20 S2 1:38.779 0.986 0.133
16 30 Takaaki Nakagami Honda RC213V S1 1:38.873 1.080 0.094
17 38 Bradley Smith Aprilia RS-GP S1 1:38.942 1.149 0.069
18 33 Brad Binder KTM RC16 S2 1:39.016 1.223 0.074
19 27 Iker Lecuona KTM RC16 S1 1:39.089 1.296 0.073
20 73 Alex Márquez Honda RC213V S1 1:39.151 1.358 0.062
21 9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati GP20 S1 1:39.249 1.456 0.098
22 53 Tito Rabat Ducati GP19 S2 1:39.461 1.668 0.212

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Alrighty. Both Suzuki riders in the top ten and Rins looking comfortable as ever on the GSX-RR
Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I am impressed by the knowledge of you guys! I have been riding and racing since 1969. I watched Kenny Roberts at the Daytona 200 back in the early 70's. I still miss seeing Casey Stoner on the Ducati and still think Rossi is the Man albeit a bit slower. With Aprilia, KTM,and Suzuki playing interesting roles, I am glad to see racing resuming again and morn the loss of seeing outdoor Motocross so far this year. Motocross is where I got my start racing and spent most of my years pounding out laps and thankfully, racing many decades without a serious injury while racing at a top level. Damn I need to buy a bike!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alrighty. Both Suzuki riders in the top ten and Rins looking comfortable as ever on the GSX-RR
Cool

I wouldn’t read too much into the times. The second session was cut in half, and many mounted softs to put in a time for the headlines. Rins was 2nd fastest in the morning, however, and that session is more likely to bass progress on than the combined times. Rins was 2nd behind Marquez. Rossi was third. Second session was also very hot so FP2, and FP4 will be the tell tale as they will be held similar to race time when it is hotter in the day. This race will come down to which mfr/rider can get a handle on the 2020 Michelins, and deal with the heat. Yamahas, over the past few years go backwards, late in the race, in the high heat.

2 more days and the sessions will be live. It’s going to be strange watching FP1 and FP2 on Friday with no fans in attendance.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rins & the GSX-RR were already looking quite competitive before all the malarky started.
It was the break that allowed MM to heal up and get more competitive. I’m still quite optimistic when it comes to Suzuki’s chances at winning races this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Press conference is up. First one of the season. Starting to feel like normal now. Thank you MotoGP. Vale said he is racing next year with Petronas, just some team details to figure out before he signs. That's the best news this year for me.

https://www.motogp.com/en/vide...ss-conference/333354