SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Denver & Cass Elliot Leaving On A Jet Plane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Denver & Cass Elliot Leaving On A Jet Plane Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I got drunk at a bar in Austin once where Mama Cass sang.

Other than that I love this song.

Had to throw another one in.

California Dreamin', 1966

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I think that was the first song I learned on guitar, still a favorite. She was no slouch as a singer, either.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I had to do it (again) 1972. I was born in 1974.

Good songs.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
He left on a Rutan Long-EZ plane.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I was a 'fan' of Cass Elliot in the truest sense of the word, although very much enjoyed her vocals... but have been a fan of John Denver's music for decades, and will never forgive myself for never having seen him perform live, even though decades ago he would regularly perform at local venues year after year. Somehow, when you're young, you assume the musicians and performers of your day will always be with you... or at least I did.

I still remember the news of his death, and how stunned and saddened I was.

To this day, and only when in a good mood, I catch myself whistling or humming this song, without even really thinking about it...then mentally slap myself for even trying to do it justice.

Somehow I had missed this duet version with Cass Elliot, so thanks for posting.

A beautiful song, made even more beautiful by two amazing voices.

... and a + 1 on American Pie. The anthem for a generation. I sang along to it years after it came out, and long before I knew what it was about. Off the top of my head I can only think of two of Don Mclean's songs, American Pie and Vincent ...but man, two incredible songs to be remembered by.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post