SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last Ship on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
The Last Ship on Netflix Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I hadn't heard of this, but learned it had been a TV series starting in 2014 and ran for five seasons. My sister recommended it to me. I watched the first two episodes last night. Pretty far-fetched and corny, but lots of action.

Any opinions on it overall?




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42196 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve also only recently started this one on Netflix; I’m maybe 3 episodes in.

It’s pretty fast-paced but enjoyable to me.

I wouldn’t mind a bit of a slow-down on the pacing, but as this one was on TNT originally vs. today’s streaming services, maybe that explains the tempo.

I’m also watching “new-to-me” series “Southland” (also on Netflix) that tends to move quickly - I like the show, but it’s another one that had network origins.



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 6925 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I finished season 2 and didn't go back. I kind of grew tired of it. lol
Meanwhile, I have The Office running as background noise daily.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 8810 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I started watching it back when originally aired. Lost interest around season 2 as well. Starts sort of strong but quickly gets lost.



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4578 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I watched the 5 seasons, yes after 2-3 one may get their fill.

It has some similarities to Covid and ‘the walking dead’.

The main actor, Eric Dane died relatively young, 53, ALS complications.

The show had good action anyway, don’t get too bogged down whether it’s realistic or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Dane
 
Posts: 7592 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, after watching five episodes, I wonder where they get the material for another four seasons?




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42196 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Some seasons were better than others, as they ran out of new ideas in one of the middle seasons. I don't remember which, but I did think the last season was good.
 
Posts: 11511 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I watched it a few years back. I think I made it 2-3 ep into season 3.

The sailor in me spent a lot of time cringing.



“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

 
Posts: 4548 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
The sailor in me spent a lot of time cringing.


I'm feeling that!




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42196 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just finished season one and the plot is definitely thickening!




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42196 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah the writers of the show went to the Captain Kirk School of Leadership instead of anything the real Navy teaches. After Season 2 there's less and less on the actual ship and more rebuilding the US on shore.
 
Posts: 5465 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I thought the first 3 seasons were the best, but then it went off the rails in the last two. It was pretty ridiculous when the 5'4" female LT would kick the asses of men on their "commando raids."



 
Posts: 5411 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last Ship on Netflix

© SIGforum 2026