SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Eagled (band) Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagled (band) Question Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Who is who in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUBGEXT19FY

I know Henley is the drummer.. .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Glenn Frey on rhythm guitar??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Henley- Drums
Glenn Frey- Acoustic guitar
Joe Walsh- electric lead guitar
Don Felder- double neck electric guitar
Randy Meisner- bass

Last tour for Meisner- he got into a fight with Frey on this tour. He had enough.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Henley- Drums
Glenn Frey- Acoustic guitar
Joe Walsh- electric lead guitar
Don Felder- double neck electric guitar
Randy Meisner- bass

Last tour for Meisner- he got into a fight with Frey on this tour. He had enough.

For the win!

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one of the comments on that video site that said R.I.P. Joe Walsh.
Believe he is still alive...not a very bright guy, but he is alive and from Ohio.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of their music, and what they sing about, but damn they are tight and precise live.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Believe he is still alive...not a very bright guy, but he is alive and from Ohio.
But he know how to set up a guitar

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks mikey ,
best video I've seen this month

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glen Frey died maybe a year back. AFAIK, the others are still alive.

Randy Meisner made the news semi-recently, and not in a good way:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/...h-cleared/?vtest=100

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I saw them shortly before Frey died. Meisner was playing with then. Felder was out and they had a sideman on lead with Walsh sharing the roll.

They were as tight as I’ve ever seen a live performance.

Read the book, “Heaven and Hell; My Life with The Eagles” written by Felder. Great book covering his life and his side of the hell part.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to spend a day and a half with Bob Heil, of Heil Sound. Bob and Joe are best friends. Bob had us enthralled and in stitches with his stories of Joe Walsh. I can't recall how long they've been friends but probably approaching 50 years. Our time was interwoven with ham radio, electronics, music, Heil Sound innovations, Joe stories, and more. It was a great experience.

BTW if you'd told me a few years ago that Vince Gill would be touring as a member of the Eagles I'd have thought you were nuts.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
BTW if you'd told me a few years ago that Vince Gill would be touring as a member of the Eagles I'd have thought you were nuts.

Not only that, but I just learned via youtube that Glen Frey's son Deacon is now in the band. Eagles.com lists the band as "The Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey."

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rXBs-zzUc

I dunno who the guy is that plays lead guitar is in the above video, or if he's a permanent part of the tour.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Seems a fitting replacement for his dad...

Also, Joe putting his own spin on the drapes not matching the carpet.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTFUGKX87s

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to spend a day and a half with Bob Heil, of Heil Sound. Bob and Joe are best friends. Bob had us enthralled and in stitches with his stories of Joe Walsh. I can't recall how long they've been friends but probably approaching 50 years. Our time was interwoven with ham radio, electronics, music, Heil Sound innovations, Joe stories, and more. It was a great experience.

Vince Gill is one heck of a guitar player. Mark Knopfler tried to recruit him years ago to join Dire Straits. Vince turned it down as he had just started another gig.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post