SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NCIS: Gibbs Has Left The Building
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS: Gibbs Has Left The Building Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I think it's really like 7-8 years or more late as the show really has run out of steam and they're just milking a dead horse if I may mix my metaphors. Even my diehard NCIS-fan wife agrees it's time they ended it:

Mark Harmon Exits NCIS After 19 Seasons

I did LOL at the scene where they finally answered the age-old NCIS question: how the hell does he get that boat out of the basement?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Your link links to your thread, er, to the lair.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a circular feedback loop!

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
10 The Lair
20 GOSUB 10

And that’s about the only BASIC that I remember.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
10 The Lair
20 GOSUB 10

And that’s about the only BASIC that I remember.

Wow that takes me back

And back

And back

And back

And back

Hehe

And back

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
He stated earlier that he was going to be stepping back from the show this season. Didn't say he was leaving. Look for a cancellation in the near future.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not really excited that Gary Cole is joining the program. The last thing he did that I can remember liking a bit was Midnight Caller.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, kinda sad but it is understandable - it has gotta end sometime.
Why not go out on top?

https://www.hollywoodreporter....on-exits-1235030036/

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Your link links to your thread, er, to the lair.

Wow, I really fubared that up

Fixed!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
He stated earlier that he was going to be stepping back from the show this season. Didn't say he was leaving. Look for a cancellation in the near future.

It’s clear that the era of Gibbs is over. He’s gone

I think this will be the last season of NCIS

Harmon wanted to leave at the end of last year but I think they threatened to cancel the show and he didn’t want to end like that.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Look for a cancellation in the near future.

Not sure about that, but moving it from Tuesday to Monday was rather telling that it is losing some steam.

I still want to see what becomes of Bishop. How is it that you get charged with espionage and then just disappear with no follow up? I had a thought that somehow she would pair up with Ziva and they could start "NCIS-International". They did it with the FBI franchise, so what the hell?

And NCIS Hawaii? Terrible. Not near as bad as New Orleans, but it's close.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
And NCIS Hawaii? Terrible. Not near as bad as New Orleans, but it's close.

NCIS Hawaii kind of reminded me of earlier episodes of the Hawaii Five-0 reboot before McGarrett and Danny started acting like a bickering old married couple.
That’s not saying much.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve not really watched since Ziva left, but I’ve kept an eye on it.

Gibbs got a solid send off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Rule 92:

Know when to say when.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought the end would be the last episode in Season 18, with Gibbs lying flat in the water, face down, after his boat exploded.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Season 19, in which he manages to be alive and make his way back to the office, and later say his farewell.

Don't know Gary Cole. Seem to remember a new guy joining the team but wasn't impressed.

NCIS: Hawaii? Ugh. I'm a troglodyte/dinosaur, and I just don't "get" having a LE team led by a woman. It goes against all my earlier training. Some of the female agents in the various shows have exemplary skills at dealing with perps, but I'm just not into them being in charge. I hated the original Hawaii Five-Oh show because it was so blatantly anti-gun. The resurrected version is still anti (CBS, after all) but not so obvious about it. Lots of shooting (I like) and situations that ought to be totally unlawful by LEOs. (Danny does become a PITA, though.) I will watch Hawaii Five-OH but probably not NCIS: Hawaii. My favorite NCIS version is Los Angeles. (But if that much shooting really happened in Los Angeles I think we'd be hearing more of it in the news . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I think his leaving will be the end of NCIS. He pretty much carried the show.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
NCIS should have ended numerous seasons ago but it's been such a cash cow for CBS (and Harmon) they couldn't help but keep milking it until desiccated.

My wife and I used to watch NCIS together but bailed fairly quickly after Ziva's departure. I got a hankering to re-watch NCIS recently and since used DVD season sets are currently stupid cheap I bought the first 10 seasons. I may eventually get season 11 but the first ten should do.

I think the S3 episodes where Agent Todd is dead but appears to the team as "Ghost Kate" dressed as a goth, black leather with a whip, Catholic schoolgirl, etc. are NCIS's funniest and a helluva sendoff for a departing show character.

I never bothered with any of the spinoffs, mainly because somewhere around the NCIS's 6th season they did a "crossover" episode with NCIS Los Angeles. It seemed CBS thought swiping pictures à la Minority Report would impress the droolers - it struck me as pure schlock.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I always wondered what would have happened to the show if Cote de Pablo's agent/boyfriend hadn't convinced her to make unreasonable salary demands resulting in her departure in 2013.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I think they moved it to Monday nights so it could be a lead-in to NCIS Hawaii, which I don't know if it's going to make it either. School is still out for me on that one.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Make way for “NCIS-Alaska”!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post