SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Paramount +, Holiday 1/2 Price. Do You Like It?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paramount +, Holiday 1/2 Price. Do You Like It? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
That’s it. We used to watch SEAL Team and were disappointed when it went to P+, but it looks like it only lasted 1 season. I saw a thread about the Stallone series running there. $25 is reasonable, but if the content is lacking, what’s the point?

Do you have and like the channel?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I tried it for a month or so, but cancelled it. Not enough content that interested me, even as a pretty big Star Trek fan. The newer ST series universally suck (with the exception of Lower Decks), as does the Halo series. Even for the few things that I wanted to watch, the constant unskippable super-repetitive ads were excessively annoying.

If you don't mind lengthy commercials and you're really into CBS network TV shows like Seal Team and NCISCSISVUSWAT: Des Moines, it might be your cup of tea.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I tried it for a month or so, but cancelled it. Not enough content that interested me, ...
Yup. We looked to switching-out either Netflix or HBO Max for Paramount+. Looked at the latter's catalog. Just not enough there to interest us for long.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I get it as part of a package deal with Showtime. Showtime was the goal for me so P+ costs me like $2 a month. I watched Inside the NFL every week and I’m watching Tulsa King. Occasionally a new release film comes on the app but not much else. I would not recommend paying for it as a stand alone.

I’ll always recommend, HBO Max, Showtime (look for deals or package combos like Sho + P+), and Epix ($5). Oh and I still really really like Amazon Primve video. To me they are taking over Netflix. So many good films are on there. I get a lot of house hold goods from Amazon, get the price break, get the free shipping, so Amazon Prime video is free to me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I’ll pass on Paramount + based on your responses; I never saw much point when it first showed up, with the exception of the aforementioned SEAL Team. We have Prime and yes, between the online shopping and channel offerings, it’s worth the price. As a matter of fact, I’ll take this opportunity to recommend a movie we watched on Prime just last night, The Legend of 1900. Kind of a quirky film about a boy born, and abandoned, on an ocean liner. I’ll say no more, just watch the trailer and decide. Only $3 to rent

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I like the channel.
Had it for about a year now.
Need to figure out a cheaper way.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'm a futbol junkie. Paramount+ has Serie A (Italian domestic league) along with every Champions' League, Europa League and Europa Conference League match. Worth the money to me just for that. I haven't even looked closely at their other offerings.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I think that's what my wife has to watch those trash reality shows like Big Brother and Bachelor. It keeps her occupied when I just want to clean guns or something.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I'm a futbol junkie. Paramount+ has Serie A (Italian domestic league) along with every Champions' League, Europa League and Europa Conference League match. Worth the money to me just for that. I haven't even looked closely at their other offerings.

bingo plus showtime is 30$ for the year so its worth it for me.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post