SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jacque Pépin's wife (Gloria) has passed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jacque Pépin's wife (Gloria) has passed. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
She was without a doubt a delightful person. They were married for >50yrs.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/j0LazvHsuUE

(Re: The Howard Johnson's reference. Jacque had two job offers; (1) Take charge of the food at Howard Johnson's (2) Chef for the JFK white house. He said he picked HoJo's because the only time he would get any attention at the white house is when he fucked up.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
54-years, that's quite a long-time.

Pepin is an American treasure, he may have been born overseas but, he was able to live-out his American dream and be a fixture in many kitchens. Never knew much about his wife, I think many people assumed he was hooking-up with Julia Child Cool

Posts: 14697 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for Jacques, but I would much prefer Julia in the kitchen wearing an apron to Julia in the bedroom wearing her birthday suit. Jes' sayin'. YMMV

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that's pretty terrible,
He's one of four watchable chefs on the tv.

He has always been the happiest ,most content of the cooking show hosts.

I've always wondered if his wife had something to do with his demeanor.

His daughter is the same way,
The only show better than Jaques, is Jaques and Julia

I thought I was going to get out of 2020 w/o more bad news.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54711 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Not to derail your thread (and thanks for posting this story) but I have greatly enjoyed the shows of Jacques cooking with his young grand daughter. I've seen numerous replays and each makes me smile.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
The granddaughter is all growed up now. Here's a recent photo of the family: