SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Actor Ray Stevenson has died
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Ray Stevenson has died Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
I'm a bit shocked to see this. Real damn shame.

https://news.yahoo.com/ray-ste...r-war-171736580.html

Ray Stevenson, the Irish actor who starred in films like “Punisher: War Zone,” “King Arthur,” the “Thor” films and shows like HBO’s “Rome” and the upcoming “Ahsoka” series,” died on Sunday in Italy, Variety has confirmed with his publicist. He was 58.

No cause of death was available.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Dang. Not very old.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Shocking, apparently died while filming in Italy. Always enjoyed his work. Titus Pullo in Rome and was great in Kill the Irishman where he played Danny Greene.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
What?! Eek

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He would have made a great Reacher.

I liked his version of the Punisher, the movie was very comic booky, but he was good in the role.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outpost is a lesser-known favorite of mine; a very cool nazi zombie action/horror flick. It's my favorite of his, of the ones I have seen. He made a good tough guy. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Frown
That SUCKS. I really like his work.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Same. Too early Frown

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
Shocking, apparently died while filming in Italy. Always enjoyed his work. Titus Pullo in Rome and was great in Kill the Irishman where he played Danny Greene.

I thought he was the best character in Rome,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Oh no, hate to hear this. He had some really good roles.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great in Black Sails.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. Wasn’t he the “hired gun” in The Other Guys?

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
RIP. Wasn’t he the “hired gun” in The Other Guys?

Yes he was...
He was also Dagonet in "King Arthur"

Too young Frown

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, that is really sad. I enjoyed his acting from the first thing I ever saw him in, “Rome.”

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
He would have made a great Reacher.

I liked his version of the Punisher, the movie was very comic booky, but he was good in the role.

That movie really sucked but you’re right, he was a great Punisher.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I just watched him recently in the first Accident Man - Big Ray. Cool
RIP

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a shame and he was young. I enjoyed his characters.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
He was also great in Dexter.

A big, imposing guy, and had a fantastic rich voice.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard that a big reason he got the role in the second GI Joe movie was because he did not look like a shrimp next to Dwayne Johnson. And "Kill the Irishman" is a great movie.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Titus Pullo!

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post