SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New "Escape From New York" in the works...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "Escape From New York" in the works... Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...enter-222832102.html

Don't. Do. It.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Weird.

A couple of days ago, I watched “Escape From LA”. While I was watching it, I thought how badly Hollywood would shank a remake.

Now I see this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The original is a classic to me. The sequel, not so much.

They mentioned Gerard Butler. Oh my. He’s done a few good films in his career but most of his recent stuff is straight cheese. In other words if they move forward with this, they’ll fuck it up, guaranteed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Considering that this is one of my favorite Carpenter films, and started the Carpenter/Russell collab, I hate Hollyweird has no original ideas anymore...

I bought a Mac because of this movie...

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do we really need a new movie? It's playing out in real life as we speak.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, they didn't mention turning snake into a tranny, so at least there's that.

They will probably find a way to emasculate the lead role anyway.

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I know one person that will love it: John Carpenter. He loves when someone remakes his movies because he gets cut a nice check for the privilege of doing nothing.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
As someone who was an extra in Escape From New York (the station wagon getting attacked and the Union Station ring scene), I say, "HELL NO!"

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I mean I am sure it will be at least as good as Without Remorse… Roll Eyes

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
They are calling it a continuation. Sounds like they are trying to respect the original at least. Not expecting too much though.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus, there is no way to match or outdo Adrienne's sweaty cleavage.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Snake will be a transvestite.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It's been in delevopmental hell since 2007. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post