SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ghostbusters Afterlife
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghostbusters Afterlife Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wife and I really enjoyed it. I thought they tied it into the originals very well and they kept some of the 80s cheesiness at the end.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I was talking to an old friend of mine just yesterday; this Thanksgiving was the first big holiday that he has spent alone in over 30 years, so our call lasted even longer than usual. We finally end the call a couple hours later, I start in on something else, and the phone rings, and it's my buddy again and he says "I know what I forgot to tell you, I went and saw the new Ghostbusters movie at a matinee a couple days ago". I was a bit surprised that he called me back to tell me that, and after a pause I said "I didn't know there was a new Ghostbusters movie."

He proceeds to tell me a little about it while trying to avoid any real spoilers. I mentioned that while I enjoyed the original, I had heard/ read that the all female remake was pretty sorry and so I was a hesitant to have any interest in this sequel, but he seemed to think they did a respectable job bringing the original story, characters, and gadgets forward into current times, and stayed true to the fun spirit of the original.

Based on your impression and trailer, and his comments, I probably won't spend the money to see it in a theatre, but I might just catch it on home release.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
We're going to see it tomorrow

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5395 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Our whole family really enjoyed it (Ages 52--10). It's fun and has familiar references. Don't turn your brain on. Just sit back and be entertained--that's what this movie is about.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you Sig Forum. I had let this completely slip from my mind. Brain off, and I'm all in.

And Annie Potts? Haven't seen her in years. 80's boner...blue steel. A cat couldn't scratch it.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Man, I'd pay good money to drive the old GB wagon around in a field like that. How fun.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Man, I'd pay good money to drive the old GB wagon around in a field like that. How fun.

I'm right there with you in the passenger seat.......or maybe the gunners seat Cool

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
And Annie Potts? Haven't seen her in years. 80's boner...blue steel. A cat couldn't scratch it.

I concur. I met her in 2015. Lovely lady. I really wanted to talk to her about Corvette Summer, but she seemed a little dismissive about it. Maybe she's embarrassed about her earlier work, or maybe it was just too early in the morning for her to be fully awake. Annie did get a Golden Globe nomination for that role.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This thread has reminded me that I haven't seen the original in at least a couple decades, probably even longer, so before I make any effort to this sequel I'm going to make a point of re-watching the original first.

quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

I concur. I met her in 2015. Lovely lady. I really wanted to talk to her about Corvette Summer, but she seemed a little dismissive about it. Maybe she's embarrassed about her earlier work, or maybe it was just too early in the morning for her to be fully awake. Annie did get a Golden Globe nomination for that role.

Hey, how cool is that Cool .... and yeah, the first movie I ever saw her in was Corvette Summer. I wasn't allowed to watch any movies with nudity or language warnings, so I had to sneak down to the basement on a weekend night just to watch it on HBO. I mostly wanted to see it because Mark Hamill had just done Star Wars and I liked him as Skywalker, and I kinda wanted to see the Corvette too... but I gotta admit I developed a little crush on Annie Potts after watching it.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I thought it did a great job paying homage to the originals without relying on the originals so much that you have to see the originals for it to make any sense.

They resemblance they created with Phoebe was astounding!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand its a fun movie, particularly if you had a fondness for the original.

Drinker liked it

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. I am a big GB fan and it is one of my favorite movies. This movie as a wonderful sequel and to be honest hit me right in the feels at points.

Think goonies meets Ghostbusters with a sprinkle of stranger things. In a good way.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7672 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I understand its a fun movie, particularly if you had a fondness for the original.

Drinker liked it

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U6qPKaGYUaI" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I loved his comment that the MSM hates it because it shows that the woke, all-women 2016 version was a steaming pile.

ETA: Finally watched it (1AM insomnia special) and really enjoyed it. Linked the first two nearly perfectly to the present time. It's 2021 so of course there had to be some wokeness - one off cheapshots about guns and fracking along with both principal characters having diverse friends. I could roll with those given how well done the rest of it was.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I saw it several days again. I found it to be a fun and relaxed couple of hours. I liked the kids and enjoyed all the tie ins to the original. Its the only movie I have seen in the theater in nearly two years. Glad I saw it.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Adding to the chorus, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw it Saturday at an 11AM showing that was cheaper. Lots of older people there. There was a large family right behind us that brought in their own snacks. Noisy as all hell during the many previews and trailers. Quieted down completely right before the movie started and stayed that way throughout.

This is also the first time in years that I never saw one sign of a phone screen lighting up during the movie. Or the previews for that matter. That and the Mexican food lunch after made for the most enjoyable movie experience I have had for over a decade.

For those who care, there is a little more movie after the credits.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There are two end credit scenes.
1-Almost immediately after the movie
2-At the very end of the credits.

Just an FYI for those who watch.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7672 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday. A good and fun flick. Glad I saw it. Watched the original on Saturday night and I’m glad I did. Made the connections much more clear and my 11 year old son was tied in good for the sequel.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5395 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to go tomorrow; almost two years since I was last in a theater, and have been waiting for this one!

(ETA: Covid must die! Couldn't get in to see the movie at the theater; it's shown in an auditorium with recliners, etc. and I couldn't get to see it by buying only one seat due to social distancing or something! Mad)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3211 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Annie Potts is in the CBS sitcom Young Sheldon. She’s still got it!

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Spoilers ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wished they could have gotten Rick Moranis involved somehow. The very last scene when Winston was talking about starting his company with only one employee I was really hoping that employee was going to be Tully and he would have stepped out of the Ecto1 that was being driven into the firehouse.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post