SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Need help with Roku TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Roku TV Login/Join 
posted
My daughter got me a Roku TV hook up as a gift recently. I only watch about an hour of TV a day. In the basement while I am using a piece of exercise equipment. She got it all hooked up and as got some free stuff on it. I do not want to pay for anything on the TV. Before I had this, she had given me Netflix gift cards for a few years. There seem like a lot of things that I have never heard of. Does anyone get Roku TV and have suggestions for free stuff to watch? I like Action, War, Westerns, T&A, I guess typical man stuff.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You aren't limited in how many streaming channels you activate for your Roku TV.
Here's mine (all free):

tubi
plutoTV
Roku Channel
YouTube
Filmrise
Favesome
TCL Channel
xumo
popcornflix
crackle
Plex
Watch Free Flix
FreebieTV
Dust
CW Seed
The CW
Newsmax
America's Voice
The First
WeatherNation
NewsOn
Free Movies Now!
Strirr
Movies Plus
peacock
PBS
IMDb
soma fm
Tune In
iHeart radio
Space TV+
NASA
Dolby

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16205 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If you have a family member that still has a "cable" subscription, i.e., Spectrum, AT&T, Comcast, Xfinity, etc., and they'll let you piggy-back off their login, you can download the channels in your Roku they get through their subscription service and watch them as well. Additionally, if they have a Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. account and don't mind sharing the login info, you can install those apps on the Roku box and enjoy even more programming.

If you don't know how to do this, your astute daughter should be able to *ahem* hook you up. Yeah...it's a bad pun. Sorry..... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to get a dedicated Western channel. In fact, it’s called, “Westerns.”
I just learned “The Cisco Kid” was the first western to be colorized (1950, I think I read).
You’ll just have to nose around, you get plenty of warning if there is a charge.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Plain old Roku TV offers a lot of free channels with tones on content. Sadly, for those that are not tech savey, you have to learn to hunt a bit. My wife refuses to do this. Just give her a guide and she's happy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I seem to get a dedicated Western channel. In fact, it’s called, “Westerns.”
I just learned “The Cisco Kid” was the first western to be colorized (1950, I think I read).
You’ll just have to nose around, you get plenty of warning if there is a charge.

I recall that it was filmed in color but broadcast in black and white. They did that, knowing that color TV was coming and that it would be more in demand on re-runs.
An interesting fact is that Leo Carillo, who played Pancho, was 70 years old, when it was being filmed.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post