SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite western?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite western? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
angel and the bad man, w/John wayne

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
One selfish reason I posted this thread was to find some new titles to view. I've seen about 80% of posted titles, but also have found several that I have not. Thanks!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unforgiven

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I really like Rio Bravo / El Dorado as well as The Man who shot Liberty Valance.

However my all time favorite western is..

The Searchers

John Wayne and Jeffrey Hunter

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah Johnson
It's the only one I can watch from begining to end every time it's on.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
One selfish reason I posted this thread was to find some new titles to view. I've seen about 80% of posted titles, but also have found several that I have not. Thanks!

Just to be sure, you've seen Little Big Man, haven't you? Although The Searchers is my favorite, Little Big Man is a classic as well, and I've heard that Native Americans think it honestly portrays them. I don't think anybody posted this as a favorite, so I wanted you to know about it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The Fastest Gun Alive ain't too bad.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
My all-time favorite is Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What --- no votes for "Red River"? I guess it was made a little too long ago (1948) for most of you kiddies (& it's not in color).

Superb cast, John Wayne, Montgomery Clift, Walter Brennan, John Ireland, Joanne Dru, Coleen Gray, Noah Berry, Jr., Harry Carey,and Harry Carey, Jr. Produced and directed by Howard Hawks.

In 1990 it was selected for preservation in the US National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Just to be sure, you've seen Little Big Man, haven't you? Although The Searchers is my favorite, Little Big Man is a classic as well, and I've heard that Native Americans think it honestly portrays them. I don't think anybody posted this as a favorite, so I wanted you to know about it.

Nope, I have not viewed that one...yet.

Love The Searchers, of course.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The outlaw Josey Wales. A sleeper is Ride With The Devil.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Searchers". I have a confession to make: it would be "Rio Bravo" but JW's handling that 1892 like he did makes the safety geek in me cringe.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is hard to do, as there are so many
good ones.

My fav is Once Upon a Time in the West

The only time Fonda played the bad guy.

Once Upon a Time in the West is a great movie.
But Fonda played a bad guy in Firecreek also, opposite Jimmy Stewart.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Wow...hard call but the searchers would take number one, Lonesome Dove a close second

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
What --- no votes for "Red River"? I guess it was made a little too long ago (1948) for most of you kiddies (& it's not in color).

Superb cast, John Wayne, Montgomery Clift, Walter Brennan, John Ireland, Joanne Dru, Coleen Gray, Noah Berry, Jr., Harry Carey,and Harry Carey, Jr. Produced and directed by Howard Hawks.

In 1990 it was selected for preservation in the US National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".

"Red River" is my #2 Western movie of all time.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:

"Red River" is my #2 Western movie of all time.

I’ve watched it a couple of times, most recently within the last 6 months. I know that it’s on many “10 Best Westerns” lists. It’s not on mine.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Sons of Katie Elder.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
it was going to be Peckinpah's "Pat Garret and Billy the Kid", but I had to go with my heart.

Don Knotts, Tim Conway. Comedy gold: The Apple Dumpling Gang.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
A Fist Full of Dynamite, AKA Duck You Sucker. As a kid, I thought James Coburn was the coolest. Guess I still do.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"My Darling Clementine", with Henry Fonda,Ward Bond, and more of the best actors.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post