SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mindhunter on NetFlix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mindhunter on NetFlix Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Some Mindhunter filming locations.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Some Mindhunter filming locations.

That garbage dump looks familiar. I think it’s off 51. Also I think some shots where some in the Hill District.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
It was slow and the finale sucked. I'm confessing my unpopular opinion here.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with slow? Must everything be for those with short attention spans?

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
What's wrong with slow? Must everything be for those with short attention spans?

Slow is boring. If that’s your speed, cool.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

Slow is boring. If that’s your speed, cool.

The title sort of hints at it being a bit cerebral. I kind of enjoy the lack of car chases and gun fights.

Go watch "My Dinner with Andre" and then come back and tell us about slow.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like the show but does he have to go down on his girl friend every episode. It come across as gratuitous.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hate for you to have to concentrate. Maybe if there were some exploding helicopters or something you could have followed it.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Followed it? I don't understand your point. I follow the show just fine, I just think every time he buries his face in his girlfriends crotch does really nothing to further the story. Unless either it is there to tantalize the small minded viewers, or demonstrate the agent is bad at sex by having his girl friend provide direction on how to, or be preoccupied with filing her nails.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, I am fairly certain his comment wasn't directed at you.
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hate for you to have to concentrate. Maybe if there were some exploding helicopters or something you could have followed it.

Hey dipshit. Nobody said I couldn’t follow it. I said it was boring.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I dialed it up after seeing this thread. I thought it started slow, but I am hooked now. I am on episode 5 or 6 now.

Except for Holden's girlfriend, the characters have been great. But, I find the girlfriend both annoying and unnecessary. I am starting to skip over her scenes.

It seems like they are trying to add mystery with the inserted scenes of the strange man in Kansas, but I immediately thought 'He must be the BTK killer'.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Followed it? I don't understand your point. I follow the show just fine, I just think every time he buries his face in his girlfriends crotch does really nothing to further the story. Unless either it is there to tantalize the small minded viewers, or demonstrate the agent is bad at sex by having his girl friend provide direction on how to, or be preoccupied with filing her nails.

In what bizarro world is humans engaging in or enjoying sex considered simple minded?

Regular people do it all the time, a very normal thing. One of the most unrealistic and nonsensical aspects of many TV shows and movies is the absence of such realities, ones that take a great many forms, and sometimes (gasp) the woman even says what she wants.

Rest assured, this happens as frequently in Georgia as it does everywhere else.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Except for Holden's girlfriend, the characters have been great. But, I find the girlfriend both annoying and unnecessary. I am starting to skip over her scenes.

Okay the sex scenes and the cunniligus seems a bit gratuitous, but no said anything about skipping over those scenes Wink Big Grin

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

In what bizarro world is humans engaging in or enjoying sex considered simple minded?

Regular people do it all the time, a very normal thing. One of the most unrealistic and nonsensical aspects of many TV shows and movies is the absence of such realities, ones that take a great many forms, and sometimes (gasp) the woman even says what she wants.

Rest assured, this happens as frequently in Georgia as it does everywhere else.

It's not about the scene or the act, but in the third or fourth episode when she is doing her nails and they are discussing Kemper while he is going down on her. It's not realistic. Well redoing the nails might be, but how many guys discuss their work day while munching carpet.

Had a busy day today honey.....nom nom nom

Talked to a serial killer....nom nom nom

Why not have the scene at the dinner table where they could actually engage in meaningful dialogue. The girl friend provides good clinical insights sometimes.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
...how many guys discuss their work day while munching carpet.

Why not have the scene at the dinner table...

Cunnilingus at the dinner table? For desert or the main course?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Foreplay is an appetizer

Chi Chi, get the yayo

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I think the sex, his initial inexperience, and then his fixation with it, and his inappropriateness during it (serial killer talk) is used to show his transition from hayseed in the beginning to someone who is willing

(spoiler alert)

to talk about his preferences of public hair on preteens to trap a killer

It shows his loss of innocence and the establishment of his new reality, and then his loss of connection to and failure in that new reality

Another spoiler

It is no mistake of storytelling that by the final episode he is profiling his girlfriend to figure out they are breaking up and then flies to California where he realizes he has become more intimate (not physically) with a serial killer than he was with his girlfriend (who he just profiled like he does serial killers)

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
All the smoking on airplane by tench brings me back to when I was a kid and makes me sick to my stomach. When I was little adults would routinely smoke in enclosed places with me around andit always made me feel queasy. Just watching those scenes made me relive it. I can remember being on planes when people would be smoking and I would angle the little air blower fan thingy away from me to blow the smoke.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post