SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MP5 clones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MP5 clones Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
US made handguard came in. Not the tightest fit, but ok.

The Imgur app is being trash. I'll upload the photo later.

The handguard is easy to tighten up with 1-2 pieces (or more) of electrical tape. Out of sight and solves the problem.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
The handguard is easy to tighten up with 1-2 pieces (or more) of electrical tape. Out of sight and solves the problem.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
If you are doing anything full auto with it, like have a transferrable sear or trigger pack, the PTR is the way to go. The Century/MKE/Zenith all require the appropriately licensed person to do some machining to get them to accept the trigger packs, etc. PTR is plug n play.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
If you are doing anything full auto with it, like have a transferrable sear or trigger pack, the PTR is the way to go. The Century/MKE/Zenith all require the appropriately licensed person to do some machining to get them to accept the trigger packs, etc. PTR is plug n play.

When I was looking for a 5K & 5SD host, I went with Omega as they were both sear ready, were new to the market and they sold a barreled receiver that only needed a grip frame, trigger pack & mags which I already had anyway, and it saved me about 25%.
I bought the SD first because I’d heard they had some alignment problems but have great customer service and they’d got the problems corrected. I had zero functioning problems in semi-otto or full with my sear so I bought the K from them and again, performance was perfect.
BTW I bought them both through Atlantic, and I believe they’re also a dealer for BT.

P.S.
I went to the Atlantic website and it looks like Omega is no longer offered.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
P.S.
I went to the Atlantic website and it looks like Omega is no longer offered.

I bought a full Omega pistol setup as it was 922r compatible, as well as sear ready. I knew going into it that Omega was was the Brother of the Bobcat/Coharie/Special Weapons family, but had it inspected by an HK armorer and got lucky with it needing no modifications or adjustments.

On Facebook, they claimed to have had a shop fire a bit back, and have or are rebuilding and will focus on the UMP style over the MP5. Of course this was from Jan 25th, but Atlantic does have some in stock uppers currently.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Finally got my Century AP5, love the retro slim handguard and 3 point sling.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Even better, if you would like a US made wide handguard can be obtained from HK Parts for $26 plus shipping.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Atlantic now has a line of MKE builds selling for under $1,200. https://atlanticfirearms.com/c...y-ap5-core-HG6034A-N

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
wow, Atlantic actually have a few in stock to choose from. I really really miss the MP5. I haven't worked on an MP5 in forever. I think I went to armorer school back whenever the USP first came out. It was 4 days of MP5 and 1 day of USP.

This was the dept's last one that we traded in almost ten years ago. I tried to get them to keep it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

I wish my registered sear would work in a burst pack! I got three round in my M16 and really like it ... besides being more controllable the mag last a little longer Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

I wish my registered sear would work in a burst pack! I got three round in my M16 and really like it ... besides being more controllable the mag last a little longer Wink

Your sear can be moved to a burst pack. All it takes is money. TSC, Terry Dyer, Phil Flack, RDTS are all great options to do it. My Fleming sear is in a 4-pos 3rb pack.

You actually like the 3rb in your m16? It’s the worst 3rb FCG ever designed. A Geissele SSF trigger allows you to pull singles, doubles, and triples with ease and is a great trigger to boot.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
quote:

Your sear can be moved to a burst pack. All it takes is money. TSC, Terry Dyer, Phil Flack, RDTS are all great options to do it. My Fleming sear is in a 4-pos 3rb pack.

You actually like the 3rb in your m16? It’s the worst 3rb FCG ever designed. A Geissele SSF trigger allows you to pull singles, doubles, and triples with ease and is a great trigger to boot.

Its the only burst trigger I've any experience with and its never given me any trouble, but I've heard they are known to break. By default, I like it but I'll give the Geissele SSF a look too!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Its the only burst trigger I've any experience with and its never given me any trouble, but I've heard they are known to break. By default, I like it but I'll give the Geissele SSF a look too!

Once you shoot an SSF, you will never go back to the M16 3rb.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my two MKEs. One full size, one short - both are now NFA items and a hoot to shoot.

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
AP5 arrived yesterday. I modified these Cetme hand guards and they pop on so tight that they almost don’t need the pin. It’s a work in progress.

https://s1.gifyu.com/images/C0...AC0-CF1553B0DB0D.gif

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Accomplice,

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Never had one in hand, but always liked the MP5.
Curious, if anyone doesn't mind sharing.
What's the price range on these, from decent clone to real HK?

Odds are, my first PCC will be a Scorpion of some flavor, but the MP5 fits that 'grail'/always wanted spot.

The Scorpion EVO is my least favorite, I got one when the EVO first became available and at first I was enamored with the cool factor, but as a pistol I lost interest in it quickly, but then SBR’d it. Cool for a while but then but then my interest faded again. I put a Franklin Armory Binary Trigger in it, but that actually made it worse. With its heavy bolt/carrier it’s the least comfortable to shoot, it reminds me of a lighter UZI.

While it has a cool factor it keeps losing out to my other 9mm SBR’s. I’ve compared it with my Colt 9mm SBR, UZI(gone but not forgotten), MP5, MP5SD & MP5K, the PSP10 all SBR’d & Steyr SPP.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I picked up the MKE AP5-P from Atlantic and so far it’s getting nothing but high marks.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post