SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SCAR 17 must haves?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCAR 17 must haves? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One additional comment I would make is that on the scar the issue of the optic mount design really matters. Of course it depends on your charging handle preference but many don't have good design for the scar on one specific side and can't be switched. For example most stuff the QD is on the left side. If that's your charging handle choice it really sucks.
I really like Bobro for mounting optics on a SCAR as you can get it on your side (whatever that might be).
Very few others give you the choice to get it moved.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I really like Bobro for mounting optics on a SCAR as you can get it on your side (whatever that might be). Very few others give you the choice to get it moved.
Yes, which is one of the reasons I chose a Bobro mount, which I ordered from them reversed.

Charging handle side (left side for me)

Offside (right side) You wouldn't want your knuckles slamming into this.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Only picture I can find, it's old. I've changed the PWS to the FN hider. I have the same Bobro mount and it spoiled me. It's so easy to go from one rifle to the next. It is very nice. I shoot lefty, charging handle same side as AK, M14, etc.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6972 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about optics? What are you fellows using? I need an optic for my Scar; I have aging eyes and, at present, will be shooting a max of 200 yards.

Posts: 992 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me <200y is aimpoint territory and thats what I use for my defensive SCAR's. If you eyes don't tolerate that any of the now numerous low power optics are great with the penalty in some areas like weight eyebox and cost.
I like and run Nightforce optics and the Atacr or NX8 1-8's are both very fine choices and I have them on some of my SCARS that I use for longer ranges.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post