SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mrgunsgear video: Leaked email - ATF planning seizure of forced-reset triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrgunsgear video: Leaked email - ATF planning seizure of forced-reset triggers Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Make of this what you will.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Mac put one up also. I have not watched either.

I don't have a FRT not for a lack of wanting one, i simply can't keep the guns i have fed. giving myself a way to starve the guns i have faster isn't an option i am willing to pay for.

I'll skip adding the mac vid since he referenced the GOA vid

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Was a C3 Mg dealer for 18 years, full auto gets boring after a while. When I could get Silver Bear 9mm for $4 a box I would shoot them. When it got up to $10 a box it cost almost $200 a minute to shoot the MP5. The bullet hose Glock FA and Mini Uzi were much much worse!

So while I think it is bullshit that they can arbitrarily make something illegal years after. They need to take this to court ASAP.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Videos are saying Rare breed was raided? I haven't seen anything saying that Rare Breed was raided, at least not yet? I'm sure they are going to have to raid them first then obtain customer information and then work there way down the chain. Something that never occurred with the bump stock. 800,000 bump stocks were made per the company president and the rumors are less than 1000 were turned in.

Scary that the letter refers to people who possess rare breed triggers as defendants. Well, this is going to be interesting.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
How far back do they plan on going? I think FRTs have been around a long time. I think the Echo was one of the earlier ones?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be challenged in court and I bet Rare Breed will win because the statute says a machine gun fires multiple rounds with one trigger pull and an FRT trigger only fires one round per pull. But an FRT does make it a lot easier and faster to make all those trigger pulls.

No doubt they can change the law and slip it into some big legislation in the future, but that does take an act of Congress. The ATF cannot redefine an FRT as a machine gun any more than they can redefine a bump stock as a MG, and that finding was overturned in court.

But in the meantime Rare Breed could be out of business and buried in legal fees, and that will make others think twice about making FRT's in the future.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
RBT was set up as an independent entity precisely to weather this storm. This outcome was expected and if you believe some of the hype around it, almost purpose-built for a showdown in court.

ATF's long history of inconsistent rulemaking and interpretation of laws makes it a regulatory nightmare from the POV of the public and industry. To what end...I'll guess we'll see.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I was just on RBT and you can still buy them or at least it loads into my cart. looks like a fun trigger, not sure I want one at this time.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
the new RBT trigger will be awesome. Three position trigger supposed to be released in 6 weeks.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
ATF is going out to collect triggers. Multiple people have been contacted by the ATF and they have been visited at their homes with the intent on collecting the FRT triggers.

Sounds like the ATF went out and purchased a bunch of triggers from various sellers on Gunbroker. Then they went after the sellers and wangled a bunch of information on the people who purchased the rare breed triggers.

Washington Gun law has a video with some of the information on this confiscation and what to do if the ATF shows up.

and this is the most recent video.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
After watching advice in the last video,

Can you legally remove a maybe NFA item from a gun, destroy it, document the removal and destruction, and physically turn it over to your lawyer?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Makes a strong argument for paying in cash, wearing a hat and a “Covid” mask, plus ill-fitting clothes you buy from Goodwill, then turn around and donate them to back to, call an Uber with a burner to and from.

Probably that and a dozen other steps wouldn’t be enough. What a society we live in.

Posts: 17043 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Oh, that thing?
I bought it as a gag but I threw it away. Now get off my property and go fuck yourself"
Easy peasy.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
^ If nothing else, at least they'll have a search warrant when they come back.

Posts: 21040 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they have the sellers info. They roll him and he gives the buyer info and shipping info. They subpoena the shipper for delivery information that will get them the warrant and into your home. Right now the ATF is simply doing knock and talks and asking for compliance. Agents don't bother me so much. What bothers me is their bosses and the Biden administration pushing hard to arrest and make cases on lawful gun owners because of their right wing beliefs. Look what they did to General Flynn with the Trump administration in power. This whole thing is scary. I can easily see these agencies collecting the "illegal" triggers and then later making cases on all who cooperated. Scary times...

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
This is a fun. Interesting interaction with ATF posted by mrgunsngear. Its about solvent traps.

Here is a video from Washington gun law on solvent traps and some new info on how the ATF may have came upon the ownership info and purchases of FRT and solvent traps.

https://youtu.be/myhJIf07kPs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gw3971,

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gw3971:
This is a fun. Interesting interaction with ATF posted by mrgunsngear. Its about solvent traps.

Here is a video from Washington gun law on solvent traps and some new info on how the ATF may have came upon the ownership info and purchases of FRT and solvent traps.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

{snip of video}

That was the PERFECT response. Cool

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I guess it is a good possibility that the ATF will next go after binary triggers in the near future.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that the binary triggers weren’t the first target. Perhaps someone thought that if they could get away with banning the forced reset trigger, anything else would be a given.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post