SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone have a Beretta 1301 tactical shotgun ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have a Beretta 1301 tactical shotgun ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
Has anyone tried the 1301 tactical model barrel clamp from Nordic? https://nordiccomp.com/categor...minum-tactical-tube/ I have read mixed review on the GG&G clamps.

Has anyone even found them in stock anywhere? Since Nordic Comp doesn’t sell direct anymore, trying to find their 1301 specific stuff is a chore, and on the sites that I can find selling their stuff, I don’t see this clamp for the Gen 3 even listed.

Yep, got one on my gun. Arnzen Arms has them in stock here.

So far so good.

Says OOS.

Back in stock

Thanks. Picked one up.

Posts: 3337 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 1301 Tactical G3

That clamp is not supposed to fit.

I bought this version

https://nordiccomp.com/categor...ctical-barrel-clamp/

The QD mount, gasket, and Rail are all separate.

I bought the clamp and QD mount from Amazon and the gasket and rail mount from Midway USA.

I am waiting for the rail mount to come in.

Midway mail the small stuff cheapest US mail and it takes 10 days to arrive.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
finally got to fondle one tonight at the local gun store, first impression is the stock is pretty short, the rest of it was nice with the exception of the extended mag tube it was some cheap plastic thing that had a pretty rough mold bump and seam. they wanted $1695 for it. I'm wondering if there is a better mag tube and if the magpul stock is a bit longer?

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
finally got to fondle one tonight at the local gun store, first impression is the stock is pretty short, the rest of it was nice with the exception of the extended mag tube it was some cheap plastic thing that had a pretty rough mold bump and seam. they wanted $1695 for it. I'm wondering if there is a better mag tube and if the magpul stock is a bit longer?

1. The LOP of the OEM rear stock is 13" +-1/4" I believe .
2. The mag tube cover on the end of the actual mag tube indeed is a cheap-looking plastic thing with an ugly seem, it isn't weak though. It does nothing but cover the actual metal mag tube end under it. I've bashed mine accidentally in drops and other hard impacts without more than a few scratches. GG&G makes a nice aluminum one along with metal clamp if the plastic look bothers you. It bothered me at first and I figured I'd change it out after it cracked or dented, but it refuses to die. Plus it's super lightweight compared to even the aluminum ones. Yes it sucks being OEM on a not-so-cheap shotgun, but it does work fine.
3. The Magpul rear stock can be either longer or shorter than the OEM rear stock depending on the number of butt spacers used. Note that you will need to purchase a $60ish Mossberg or Remington 1301 adaptor to fit the Magpul (depending on what model you want). Once you have the adaptor, you can use pretty much any stock that fits on a Mossberg "or" the Remington pumps. I use a GG&G Mossberg adaptor with the Hogue 12" Overmold which is about 1/2" shorter than even the Magpul without any spacers, but I'm short with short arms.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
XerO Good to know thank you!

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My finished Beretta 1301 and first try to add pics here.

As pictured weighs ten pounds not loaded but with shells in the carriers

posted Hide Post
@XLT mine came with 2 butt stock spacers that were 1/2" and one 1" so you can add either or both with out any problem.

I played with it, I thought it was short a first but I am finding for me it is just right without the spacers.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
As pictured weighs ten pounds not loaded but with shells in the carriers
Well, that weight will absorb recoil.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I have the 1301 Tactical G3

That clamp is not supposed to fit.

I bought this version

https://nordiccomp.com/categor...ctical-barrel-clamp/

The QD mount, gasket, and Rail are all separate.

I bought the clamp and QD mount from Amazon and the gasket and rail mount from Midway USA.

I am waiting for the rail mount to come in.

Midway mail the small stuff cheapest US mail and it takes 10 days to arrive.

That clamp isn’t meant for the Gen 3. That’s the clamp for the Gen 1/2 with a screw on +2 extension since the earlier Gens come with a 5 round tube. The Gen 3s have a one-piece 7 round tube with a plastic cover that covers the section of tube that extends past the handguard.

Posts: 3337 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up the LE model. Looking for an oversized charging handle and side saddle. Any recommendations?

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigarms:
Just picked up the LE model. Looking for an oversized charging handle and side saddle. Any recommendations?

The factory charging handle is big enough for me. As for the side saddle, have you considered the Velcro type shotgun cards, like those from Esstac? Less weight, not in the way if I’m not using it, and you can keep preloaded cards ready for use.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The factory charging handle is big enough for me. As for the side saddle, have you considered the Velcro type shotgun cards, like those from Esstac? Less weight, not in the way if I’m not using it, and you can keep preloaded cards ready for use.

gg&g has oversized charging handles. And I bought the esstac velcro cards. I got the 7 round cards. I like them!

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bigarms - Look back at page two of this thread for photos of the Velcro side saddle mentioned above. I ordered six units and they arrived three days later - one will go on my Nova and another one on my M2 when I get it. The other four are attached on the side of the gun vault and wall where these two shotguns are stored for fast access.
I ordered the six shell holders because I wanted the slightly shorter units. Black ones (4 units) hold buckshot and the tan ones (2 units) hold slugs.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also went with the 6 shell units, due the available receiver space.

posted Hide Post
Will probably go wit the GG&G charging handle. Still looking at sidesaddle options. I’m not completely sold on the Velcro options.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post