SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone have a Beretta 1301 tactical shotgun ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have a Beretta 1301 tactical shotgun ? Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
7+1 rounds in 1301 looks like a nice tactical shotgun quite a bit less money then a benelli m4. thinking about getting one.

Posts: 5684 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Was at the top of my list until the A300 Ultima Patrol was released.
They’ll both outshoot me all day long so no need for me to spend the extra money on the 1301.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
They are fun for sure.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6643 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I wanted one badly but settled for the a300 patrol.

They aren’t way cheaper though..not from what I have seen

Posts: 7884 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Sure do. It’s a great gun, you can absolutely rip through 7 rounds in no time flat.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought mine, going to the range this weekend.

Posts: 4789 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have two, actually. First is a Gen 1 bought back in 2014, and the other a Gen 2 (3?) LE model bought a few months ago.

Posts: 3421 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 1301. Picked up a slightly-used Gen2.5 a couple of years ago for $1200...if I were buying now, I'd pick up the A300 Patrol instead due to the price difference now between it and the 1301.

Posts: 32 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own one, but some friends do.
Was fortunate enough to shoot them.

I was shocked on the weight vs recoil!
And extremely light shotgun scares me, because you're going to feel every round. The Beretta's system dissipates a LOT of that recoil! Accurate as well!

Not that I'm a "One shotgun" kind of guy, but my 870 pretty much does everything I need it to do. I tossed around the idea of a Benelli, after shooting the Beretta, there's a 1301 Marine Tactical out there with my name on it!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8553 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Shotgunning is too much fun!

Shotgun portion is the last 20 seconds or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhSbdtlAMZU

Posts: 14164 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
One huge benefit of the 1301 vs the A300 is that with a simple stock adapter, you can fit on any of the various Mossberg 5xx stocks or Remington 870 stocks. Because the A300's recoil system extends into the rear stock, you can't do the same. So for example, my 1301 has a Hogue 12" overmold stock, which is even shorter than the Magpul stock with no spacers.

Posts: 4367 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
One disavantage of the 1301 is no available longer barrels(28-32") seem to be available for trap, waterfowling, etc. shooting

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the 1301 and the A300. I bought the 1301 first and love shooting it. I made the mistake of letting my granddaughter's husband shoot it and he's been asking to borrow it ever since. After buying the A300, I have a hard time figuring out which one I like the most. I'm thinking the 1301 since it was my first Beretta.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 186 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Great reply's, I can get the le model now but it doesn't have the removable chokes like the standard model has not sure I would change it but I want to shoot about everything thru it from slugs to trap loads. the standard models are sold out just about every where if anyone knows of one I would appreciate it.

Posts: 5684 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
One huge benefit of the 1301 vs the A300 is that with a simple stock adapter, you can fit on any of the various Mossberg 5xx stocks or Remington 870 stocks. Because the A300's recoil system extends into the rear stock, you can't do the same. So for example, my 1301 has a Hogue 12" overmold stock, which is even shorter than the Magpul stock with no spacers.

I recently picked up both the modified Magpul Zhukov handguard and the Magpul SGA stock and adapter from my Gen 1, but am having a hard time pulling the trigger on actually installing them.

For the handguard, I much prefer the sleeker look of the one-piece factory handguard as compared to the modified Magpul handguard, which is two pieces (the aluminum cone shaped front piece being the other part). The factory handguard is a bit easier on/off, and is a much tighter fit to the barrel, unlike the Zhukov, which has large gaps for things to get in to. I’m not planning to mount anything to the M-Lok slots, so it doesn’t seem to really be an improvement for me.

As for the SGA stock, I don’t like the chunky look. The LOP and comb height of the factory stock is fine for me, and the SGA stock seems heavier. Bought the stuff mainly for 922r purposes, but not sure if I want to ruin the look of the gun.

Posts: 3421 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
After a bird hunting trip last week, the autos a couple of the guys were shooting (Benelli & Browning) has me thinking about putting one on the wishlist.
The A300 standard model isn't a hard hit on the wallet compared to some others & I got a bit of trigger time behind my boss' Beretta a few years ago, and it was a big difference compared to my Browning pump BPS Invector.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a GREAT video featuring Ernest Langdan comparing the A300 to the 1301. It is worth watching before you decide what model to purchase.

Do not know how to direct link the video guys in this post - sorry guys….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jj2TC3dYAU

Posts: 3364 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Otto,

What red dot do you have mounted and do you like it?

Posts: 7884 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a great video! Thank you!

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Otto,

What red dot do you have mounted and do you like it?

Ronin,
Just a 10 year old Aimpoint T1, pretty decent FOV the way it’s mounted so low but if I didn’t already have the optic I’d likely never mount one of the 1301. I can’t say it’s significantly better than the irons.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6643 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post