SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pmag?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pmag? Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Gen 2 PMAGS are budget range mags. Get you some gen 3 PMAGS for serious use. They have many upgrades that are worthwhile. Including the ability to easily load 30 rounds and click it into the rifle with ease.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I may have missed it here, so I'll ask: is there an easy way to tell a Gen2 from a Gen3?

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I may have missed it here, so I'll ask: is there an easy way to tell a Gen2 from a Gen3?

Here's the 3 easiest ways for me:

-Over-insertion tab. The Gen 3 PMAGs have an over-insertion tab along the back of the magazine to prevent the magazine from going too far when reloading the rifle aggressively.

-Floorplate. The floorplate on the Gen 3 has a slimmer profile than the Gen 2 which can make it easier to fit into tight mag pouches.

-Marking Dot Matrix. Located at the bottom of the magazine is a dot matrix that the user can fill in with a paint pen to mark their magazines (Mag 1, 001, 002, IKE etc). This one's the easiest way for me personally to differentiate between them. Here's a pic.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Flash-LB.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've marked my Gen3 Pmags with a Sharpie (Metallic Silver fine point, available everywhere, including your local grocery store) and used this format.

The silver is not too dark and not too light. Just right.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Gen 2 PMAGS are budget range mags. Get you some gen 3 PMAGS for serious use. They have many upgrades that are worthwhile. Including the ability to easily load 30 rounds and click it into the rifle with ease.

Have lots of rounds on Gen 2 mags. No difference in reliability between Gen2 and Gen 3.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post