SIGforum
Pmag?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9290018784

January 03, 2022, 10:55 AM
bubbatime
Pmag?
Gen 2 PMAGS are budget range mags. Get you some gen 3 PMAGS for serious use. They have many upgrades that are worthwhile. Including the ability to easily load 30 rounds and click it into the rifle with ease.

January 03, 2022, 03:19 PM
vthoky
I may have missed it here, so I'll ask: is there an easy way to tell a Gen2 from a Gen3?

God bless America.
January 03, 2022, 03:47 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I may have missed it here, so I'll ask: is there an easy way to tell a Gen2 from a Gen3?

Here's the 3 easiest ways for me:

-Over-insertion tab. The Gen 3 PMAGs have an over-insertion tab along the back of the magazine to prevent the magazine from going too far when reloading the rifle aggressively.

-Floorplate. The floorplate on the Gen 3 has a slimmer profile than the Gen 2 which can make it easier to fit into tight mag pouches.

-Marking Dot Matrix. Located at the bottom of the magazine is a dot matrix that the user can fill in with a paint pen to mark their magazines (Mag 1, 001, 002, IKE etc). This one's the easiest way for me personally to differentiate between them. Here's a pic.

January 04, 2022, 06:14 PM
vthoky
Thank you, Flash-LB.

God bless America.
January 04, 2022, 06:55 PM
parabellum
I've marked my Gen3 Pmags with a Sharpie (Metallic Silver fine point, available everywhere, including your local grocery store) and used this format.

The silver is not too dark and not too light. Just right.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
January 05, 2022, 05:16 AM
offgrid
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Gen 2 PMAGS are budget range mags. Get you some gen 3 PMAGS for serious use. They have many upgrades that are worthwhile. Including the ability to easily load 30 rounds and click it into the rifle with ease.

Have lots of rounds on Gen 2 mags. No difference in reliability between Gen2 and Gen 3.