Tools

HK51 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once had an SBR Vector Arms V51. It never ran as well as it ought to have (due to the manufacturer, no doubt; not the design itself). It was pretty stinkin' violent. I suppose there are valid practical applications for such a weapon, but all the short .308 carbines I've ever shot seemed to have mostly novelty appeal. I always found the SA58 OSW to be the coolest of the bunch, and have had the opportunity to fire a full-auto example. It was damn cool, but I can't imagine using that thing in a close-quarters indoor real-life scenario. I have owned a Sig 751 SBR as well, and it's a damn nice weapon, but it did nothing but sit around, once the novelty wore off. I suppose a practical application for these guns is found in some kind of vehicle checkpoint scenario? Something handy to have slung on your person all day, that still has the performance required to defeat vehicle skins and glass.

Posts: 2125 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Pretty Little Hate Machine

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have shot an SBR .308 HK91 with a trigger pack.

It is………concussive would be the word. I cannot imagine lighting one off in a vehicle or room.

You know now that I think about it I’ve a shot a few full auto .308s and barring beltfed/fixed/rested MGs none of them are all that pleasant. I mean the M14 for me, even leaning in and have some assemblance of technique might as well be an anti aircraft gun about 6 rounds in Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
As a fan of HK roller guns I have been tempted by the PTR 51 clones, but what I really want is the absurdity of the HK-51k. Sadly builders are few and far between, kits got expensive, and it’s quite the involved and expensive project.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

It is………concussive would be the word. I cannot imagine lighting one off in a vehicle or room.

Couldn't have said it better.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Colion Noir also did a video with an HK51 a week or two ago that's worth checking out.

Same reaction as anyone has: WTF is this gun, but it's awesome.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Couldn't have said it better.

I referred it as the key to the gates of Hell. Usually when someone new took a try, we made sure someone was standing behind them with a hand on the shoulder. It could get away from you if you were not prepared for it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For me personally it’s less about it running away from you and more about the entire outside world sort of disappearing in a blurry loud way. Smile

I’ve never been flash banged but it’s gotta be similar in nature only you recover quickly after firing. The key to the gates of hell is a great name though.

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ha I just got around to watching both the video linked and Ian’s subsequent shooting video and his thoughts are exactly mine. A couple of gems. “Full auto flash bang” and “If you shoot this too much you will probably get a traumatic brain injury” Smile

Everything he described was spot on to what my experience was.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post

The thumbnail is hilarious. I am a fan of Mr. McCollum's sense of humor.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
As a fan of HK roller guns I have been tempted by the PTR 51 clones, but what I really want is the absurdity of the HK-51k. Sadly builders are few and far between, kits got expensive, and it’s quite the involved and expensive project.

Keep your head up for a 51k…I very much enjoy the fireball my PCS 51k makes, and recoil is near nothing. Definitely a PDW/CQB platform, and double ear protection indoors is definitely a must!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
"... like candy from baby..."

You ever tried to get candy away from a baby?

You need comfortable hearing protection. Because you will be wearing it for some time.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, after owning the HK91 for years, I can almost imagine how not fun the HK51 is to shoot, and even that must fall well short of the sheer "holy shit" factor.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Funny video.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one of those that if one of the pistols shows up at close to the right price will end up in the safe and eventually as an SBR. I know it's totally impractical, but I don't care.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I’ve shot 51’s, 51B’s (yes beltfed), and a 51K (scary).

Most 51’s run at about 400 to 500 rpm. My friend that builds them has his at 600 to 700 rpm. It’s fun to shoot! It brings any range to a stand still after shooting it.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the desire for a SBR .308 popped up I knew I wanted a HK-based platform…for $5 mags if nothing else. After much research and self-debate on felt recoil, accuracy, effective range, etc between a G3k, 51, and 51k I went for the 51k. I’m glad I did…PCS kit with a custom recoil guide/spring on a collapsible stock, I’m 100% happy with it! Makes lots noise, gets lots of looks at the range, spits fireballs, minute of man accuracy, and felt recoil is very low. If a transferable sear ever becomes a reality it is going on the 51k!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
Fired one FA indoors. Can confirm that "concussive" is the correct word. Very cool, but the flash was blinding on a dimly lit range and double hearing pro is recommended.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Based on the comments about concussive, I wonder how these would be with a lightweight k style can.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post