SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Brothers From Another Mother, CZ and Air Arms errr CZ errr Air Arms......Airgun Content and musing.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brothers From Another Mother, CZ and Air Arms errr CZ errr Air Arms......Airgun Content and musing. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So my first air rifle was a knock off plastic stocked Red Ryder'esqe lever gun in the way back time. I was probably 7. I still have it. It's beat to hell and rusty and likely doesn't work.

My next air rifle didn't come until many moons later, That was probably around 2000 or so. It was a Beeman marked Norica .22 and it was my first "real" adult air rifle and it...............sucked. Bad crown, bad trigger, hard to shoot (especially for a firearms guy learning a spring gun) etc. etc. It was a "big box" gun and it really was kinda trash even though it was "super expensive" at like $150 or so. As a firearms guy I was still looking through the lenses of firearms and that these were toys.

After that about a year later I bought my first "real air gun" after doing a little research and picked up a CZ 631. Finally a decent air rifle, made by a company I was familiar with and respected as a firearms guy. That rifle was inexpensive but it could shoot and was a ton of fun.

Fast forward ...... like really fast ...... like time travel, how'd I get here fast....but I digress, fast forward to today.....20 years later. Frown I have a great many very very nice air guns and I haven't had the old 631 out for a long time. So I pulled her out and what a surprise she was just as fun.

As I was musing about this I realized the other gun I had been shooing this week was my Air Arms S200T which is............a CZ rifle with Air Arms badging, well its got CZ badging as well but its a CZ Rifle at heart and its an amazing little rifle. So I figured I would take a "family picture" of my "brothers from another mother" As a shooter of all types of guns its been a wild and fun ride so far and this picture represents a piece of my shooting history and sort of bookends the air gun portion from then until now. I cannot help but be thankful for how blessed and lucky I have been over these many years and I much that goes for the community as well both in the real world and online.

So take care everybody and as always shoot safe,
Chris

"Brothers From Another Mother"

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dig them both!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice airguns!

They do seem phenotypically similar ...

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. Always love your air gun posts and pictures. Well done Sir!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

They are a yet another addict…..errr passion yeah we will say passion Smile in my shooting hobby.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post