SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Let’s start a nice post of our favorite “evil” black rifles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let’s start a nice post of our favorite “evil” black rifles Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
I’ll start it off with a couple of my favorites.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My Mega Arms 308 creations:

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My only 2, with some of a buddy's

Far left & 2nd right are mine

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post

Top: My 600 yard rifle. Krieger 18" 1:7, Aero Precision upper and handguard, Bushmaster lower w/ Geissele HS NM trigger and A1 stock, Vortex Viper PST 5-25x on a Bobro mount, YHM Turbo T2 on YHM flashhider QD mount, Atlas bipod.
Middle: Brownells M16-E1 clone, 20" 1:12.
Bottom: Spike's M4LE 16" 1:7 carbine (RR lower), ALS ACT trigger, Sig Romeo5 RDS, Magpul F/R BUIS, Streamlight ProTac HL-X light, same YHM flashhider QD mount.

The Krieger barrel is from Compass Lake and has their .223 CLE match chamber, the others are standard 5.56mm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
No pics here, but the old-school CAR-15 was always my favorite.

And although I’ve never been around one, the Steyr AUG is my favorite non AR platform - simply from an aesthetic point.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I wish I still had this one.
Imbel FAL with a South African Para lower and Aussie handguards.

Not a favorite but I do seem to shoot it the most.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t seem to have any luck with picture hosting services, but my favorite evil rifles are fairly bland. Standard block 1 or 2 configuration fighting rifles. URGI style upper here and there.

Well executed fighting rifles.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We still had M16A1 when I was in service. When I switched from rifleman to 60mm gunner I turned the M16 in for a 1911 and a M224 60mm Mortar.

I have a safe all for AR pattern rifles. Nothing especially nice. All a mix of Colt uppers, PSA uppers, an Sig M400 upper perched upon asst lowers. I considered a PCC thread or including them but with the brace hubbub I didn’t think it wise.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

Man, I’ve been fighting the urge to pic up an AUG A3 M1, you’re not helping.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Top: Bushmaster (Pre-Rem) M16A4gery.
Middle: BCM M4A1gery with Mk18A1 upper added after getting the stamp.
Bottom: SiG 556. Too bad SiGUSA never gave the
rifle a proper chance to succeed.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
For fun, I like to shoot a lot of older wood and steel suff. When it comes to black plastic pratical tools, though, it's hard to beat a basic AR. I have yet to use any platform that offers me significant benefits over the manual of arms and basic DI operating system of the AR15.

If I could only keep 1:

But this one in 9mm is also an excellent range toy:

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

Man, I’ve been fighting the urge to pic up an AUG A3 M1, you’re not helping.

Ugh, the struggle is real! Sorry. This started off as a white model and a friend did an excellent ceracote job for me in a dark matte grey with Boba Fett. It wears a Corvus Defense brass deflector but wasn’t reinstalled before this picture. The Steiner scope is a prism M332 x3 magnification.I love it on the AUG. Also uses a Ratworx Sear so trigger is a lot better. Highly recommend while you can get them and prices are down. I’ve seen an occasional ne below $1500. NATO model takes AR mags so no brainer for me.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Probably my keepers

SIG P556 & P553

Valmet M62 tube-folder

HK-52 clone

AUG A-2

Mini-14
[img] https://i.postimg.cc/1XF5ZkLt/IMG-0010.jpg[/img]

CZ Bren805

Bushmaster ACR

Beltfed Colt M16

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My SCAR 17S SBR with a 13" barrel is probably my favorite do-all rifle. Light, compact, and easy to carry on hunts through the thick woods. It's accurate, ergonomic, and easy to suppress. I've dropped many wild pigs with it and regularly shoot it out to 700 yards.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
One's tan not black, and the one with the stainless barrel now has a 5-25x56 scope on it, but here ya go.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
DANG, I'm jealous. Amazing collection,

quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Probably my keepers

SIG P556 & P553

Valmet M62 tube-folder

HK-52 clone

AUG A-2

Mini-14
[img] https://i.postimg.cc/1XF5ZkLt/IMG-0010.jpg[/img]

CZ Bren805

Bushmaster ACR

Beltfed Colt M16

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that kimberkid's collection is badass, but why must we quote all the pictures?

Posts: 2088 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if favorite is the right word, since they are my only EBRs.

Ruger AR-556, with its "siblings" 22/45 Lite and LCP. Not shown: S&W M&P15-22.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The aren't all exactly "black", but I hope they count!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post