SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M4 shotgun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4 shotgun Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Does anyone have the factory collapsible stock?
Is it worth the cost?

Yes, I got the stock and correct full tube from Benelli parts. I found the middle position on the collapsible stock is perfect for me. All M4’s have the same metal stock bar under the factory fixed stock, so it’s an easy swap. I could have just bought the replacement non neutered extension, but I didn’t care for how it looked. The gun is heavy, expensive, and hands down the best shotgun I’ve ever owned. My only gripe it the release button is small, I just haven’t gotten around to changing it.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Bolo4tom helped me out on the collapsible stock for sale
I bought it and will be putting it on my camo M4
Thx again tom!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1301 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bolo4tom helped me out on the collapsible stock for sale
I bought it and will be putting it on my camo M4
Thx again tom!

happy to help and glad it worked out..enjoy...and post a pic after its installed.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone have the factory collapsible stock?
Is it worth the cost?

At one point I had all 3 stocks, I sold the C-stock and the pistol grip is in the safe. The field stock lives on my M4 and probably always will.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went with the Mesa Tactical 12". The cheek riser is worthless but the stock itself is decent for the price.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a regular M4 and a factory SBS. Collapsible stocks and Aimpoints on both. I love them.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my M1S90s so I bought two M4 to go with them. Heavy but the best fighting shotgun out there. That said, If I were to do it today, I'd look hard at the new 1301 because my A390s are also rock solid and the A400 system is very similar.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the M4 and tactical M2. I can feel/tell that the M2 is lighter; however the M4 doesn't feel heavy to me.

Looks like it is though:

Benelli M4- 7.8lbs
Mossberg 500- 7.5lbs
Remington 870- 7lbs
Benelli M2 tactical- 6.6lbs
Beretta 1301 tactical- 6.4lbs

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my M-4, mines been reliable with everything i have put into it. Beretta 1301 is also a great shotgun. either on is a solid choice.

Posts: 440 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
My M4 is by far the softest shooting Benelli I’ve ever had. I also have an M1.

I updated my M4 with a titanium mag tube and the parts for 922 compliance. I don’t like the pistol grips on any shotguns. They just don’t fit me right and end up hammering my wrist. So I went looking for a straight stock. After a long search I got one bought (not cheap). But I’ve never looked back.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M2, M4, 1301, 590A1, Franchi Affinity (basically a M2)… I love my shotguns. If I had to grab one for sport it’d be M2 or Franchi. For defense, it’d be 1301 or 590A1. For fun, always the M4.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post