SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any 556 Owners Still Around
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 556 Owners Still Around Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you and yes that is correct. Factory FH removed and new YHM Muzzle brake installed. I appreciate the help guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Here's the current state of my winter camo 556. Ambi lower, all Swiss gruen furniture (so as any cerakote wears off, it blends in), original 556 monolithic quad rail with rails shaved and a Swiss diopter base welded on and painted gray (I cut the mono rail so I could still use the original handguards), gray Swiss gas block and front sight. OD green Magpul M-LOK strips snap right in and are barely noticeable as a bit of grip and also help manage heat.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my 556s are pretty far from their original configuration. I actually shot one of them yesterday; it exists as a 552 now.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
The P556 and P556xi arrived today and the xi really does move the game on a bit. With a modern folding brace installed, it’ll be a great gun.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
PGT what kind of hand guard is that on your Sig 556?

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It's the original Sig 556 monolithic quad rail with rails shaved off and painted.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
The P556 and P556xi arrived today and the xi really does move the game on a bit. With a modern folding brace installed, it’ll be a great gun.

I bought a couple Xi lowers on GunBroker for my P556, I really like the solid trigger guard, ambidextrous controls & SiG logo on the magwell. In its most recent evolution I put a SiG adapter on it and the SiG collapsing stock; that makes it much thinner than the folding stock and it’s almost as comfortable.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree, when it comes to the xi lowers. I even prefer them to the Swiss NATO lowers. Blasphemy!!!

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only remaining 556 was converted to a 552 SBR back around 2009. The barrel and receiver were converted to 552 spec and a complete brand new 552 parts kit used. It’s a great shooter. All other 556s were sold over the years.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
I made a gun video today and put my new Sig P556s in it. Ignore the reversed, unmounted HoloSun.

https://youtu.be/PrAwU0fjY3g

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Accomplice,

Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Not mine but figured I’d share since P556xi pistols in 5.56 are pretty rare.

Available 5.56 P556xi

posted Hide Post
quote:
It's the original Sig 556 monolithic quad rail with rails shaved off and painted

PGT I somehow missed that point. What a great idea. I have quite a few of those stupid quad rail 556s just lying around with no possible idea on what to do with them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
This platform is getting more attractive again as the prices fall. Used 556xi rifles are out there under $1,200.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/954474976

posted Hide Post
Came close to buying one,
Very close.
$80.00 off S.A. Saint at
Farm king this week.
Plus
No sales tax this weekend
So
$160.00 off
Eek

If I could have gotten that price on lay away
I'd be having me one, fer sure.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Came close to buying one,
Very close.
$80.00 off S.A. Saint at
Farm king this week.
Plus
No sales tax this weekend
So
$160.00 off
Eek

If I could have gotten that price on lay away
I'd be having me one, fer sure.

For a Sig 556 or for a Springfield Armory Saint AR?

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S.A. Saint.
In 556

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
S.A. Saint.
In 556

I believe this thread was directed towards people who own a Sig model number 556, which is chambered in 5.56x45.

I do not believe this thread was directed at people who are interested in other rifles that are chambered in 5.56x45.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
S.A. Saint.
In 556

I believe this thread was directed towards people who own a Sig model number 556, which is chambered in 5.56x45.

I do not believe this thread was directed at people who are interested in other rifles that are chambered in 5.56x45.

Coooorrect!

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
S.A. Saint.
In 556

According to the op, it was …
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
I love the platform and still have a 556 Patrol Swat. It's the last of 9 variations of the 556 I've cycled through the collection over the years. Runs like a top...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Found a good deal on a 556xi “swat” rifle with the keymod hand guard. The HG is worth around $275 by itself.