SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shooting Sight 55x trigger group
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Sight 55x trigger group Login/Join 
Picture of Shackelford
posted
Does anybody here have experience with the Shooting Sight hammer and sear for the Sig 55x rifles?

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've been keeping an eye on this thread, I was thinking several people here had gotten one ... Or was that a different maker?

When I was looking for a trigger improvement I was fortunate to find someone parting out a 556 DMR and bought the lower, swapped it with the trigger in my P556/SBR and put it back on GunBroker, after all was said and done it cost me about $20 and I had a much better trigger.

But I'd like something better for my P553/SBR

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don’t. Only his M14 triggers and hammers which are simply amazing.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used their trigger on an ARX-100 and it was of very good quality. Dunno how much that relates to the 55x though because they had a much better trigger to start with than the ARX-100.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Also watching this thread. I did contact Shooting Sight for directions for install since their link did not work.
I need two....

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I just installed one last month and also grabbed a spare lower with one installed. Nice product and better than stock, but the stock trigger is pretty darned good to begin with. It's slightly better but not night and day.

Art used to run some special sales on them...I've got a few kits I've bought as low as like $110-115. I think prices are higher now.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a Shooting Sight trigger in my 556 a few years ago. It is a nice trigger and the parts are higher quality than the stock SIG parts. It was worth doing to me.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post