SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 Tactical? Login/Join 
posted
I saw a Beretta 1301 Tactical at a local shop and like how compact and light it is, with shorter than normal stock. Most full size shotguns are just too long in the stock, so my Mossberg 590 (non-A1) has a Magpul SGA stock set to minimum length. I don't impulse buy things I don't know much about so I went home and looked it up and found it has a reversible safety and can cycle just about any 12 gauge load. And Ernest Langdon has a cool conversion for it that makes it a lot more versatile.

I called back and they still had it end of the day, and when I went back the next day after work it had been sold a couple hours earlier. So I saved $1100 for the time being.

Any experience or comments? Ideally I would get the Langdon Tactical conversion, but I can do most of that stuff swapping parts out myself. Never had a semi-auto shotgun but this one just felt right in the shop. Sure I'd like a Benelli but just can't justify that kind of money.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my 1st Gen 1301. I prefer it over my Benellis.

Posts: 3324 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Great shotgun. Get the LTT.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
1301 is a great gun..

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I want one.

Some good vids FYI

https://youtu.be/y2hbmGIyZ2c

https://youtu.be/iuJUBaJmKTk

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3177 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I love mine! Gen 1 with all the updates (Magpul stock, mag tube extension, bolt release shroud, side saddle). It's my go-to shotty. Totally reliable and perfect ergonomics.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed my 1301 Comp; I like the ventilated rib and slightly longer barrel, with an aftermarket extended magazine.

The only disappointment is that no longer barrels are available for this series for trap shooting.

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I had a Benelli M4 which I sold and bought the 1301 tactical. I installed the Mesa Tactical stock and I have not looked back. It is significantly lighter than the M4 and shots equally as well. $1100 is a good price, in my opinion. Snap it up if they get another.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Great shotgun. Get the LTT.

This. By far the best money I’ve spent on a gun.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I've enjoyed my 1301 Comp; I like the ventilated rib and slightly longer barrel, with an aftermarket extended magazine.

The only disappointment is that no longer barrels are available for this series for trap shooting.

I've got an older 1301 Comp (with the ventilated rib) and like it too. I recently picked up a rail from Beretta that was advertised as fitting the 1301 and A400, so I could mount a Trijicon MRO (Green dot) sight on it. Unfortunately, the holes in the rail didn't match up with those on the top of the receiver. I'll just stick with the rail and a high visibility fiberoptic front sight.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

I've got an older 1301 Comp (with the ventilated rib) and like it too. I recently picked up a rail from Beretta that was advertised as fitting the 1301 and A400, so I could mount a Trijicon MRO (Green dot) sight on it. Unfortunately, the holes in the rail didn't match up with those on the top of the receiver. I'll just stick with the rail and a high visibility fiberoptic front sight.

1301 Tac and 1301 Comp use different receivers, since they handle different shell sizes.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the BLINK gas system in the 1301 is light and F A S T. I scored a Marine version and added some Aridus stuff to it.

Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
quote:

1301 Tac and 1301 Comp use different receivers, since they handle different shell sizes.

They both accept three inch shells. When you say shell size do you mean gauge? I thought both were only available in twelve gauge.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
No, I mean they have different receivers. I forget which from which....I think the parent on the Comp can run 3.5" with the proper barrel. I'll ask my buddy to clarify as he's the product manager on these for Beretta.

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I traded my Benelli in on one. They're amazing. I've put several hundred rounds of buckshot, birdshot and slugs through mine with no drama. It's softer recoiling than anything I've shot, also. You need the Gen 2 so you don't have to deal with the magazine dump syndrome. Aridus side saddle. Aridus Crom with an Aimpoint. Seven-round-extension. And you're set. Or get the LTT. Langdon is a solid dude and his work is as good as it gets.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I mean they have different receivers. I forget which from which....I think the parent on the Comp can run 3.5" with the proper barrel. I'll ask my buddy to clarify as he's the product manager on these for Beretta.

FWIW: My 1301 Comp is good for 3" as well as 2 3/4" 12 gauge shells. I'm not really thinking a 3.5" capable tactical gun makes a lot of sense, but if you say so. Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW: My 1301 Comp is good for 3" as well as 2 3/4" 12 gauge shells.

of course it can handle smaller; that's how shotguns work

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords: I'm not really thinking a 3.5" capable tactical gun makes a lot of sense, but if you say so. Roll Eyes

A 3.5" capable receiver with a 3" capable barrel is still a 3" capable tactical gun so not sure why you're so contrarian

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
confirmed the 1301 Comp receiver is longer and 3.5" capable and that's why 1913 rails for the normal 1301 Tac don't fit it....different receivers

Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
confirmed the 1301 Comp receiver is longer and 3.5" capable and that's why 1913 rails for the normal 1301 Tac don't fit it....different receivers

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I'm really regretting not grabbing it when I had the chance. Sooner or later another Tactical will pop up somewhere...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post