SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bolt action guys, CZ or Tikka?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt action guys, CZ or Tikka? Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have a Tikka T3 Hunter in 308. Blue steel and wood. Like the box says 'Second To None'. A very nice rifle.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Tikka would be my choice.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about either brand but I have a bolt action in 7mm-08 (a Savage) and love it.

I'll take my 7mm-08 over a 30-06 any day which is what most guys in PA use.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Between the two in centerfire, Tikka wins for me.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If you want nice wood go Cz or an older Tikka.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ550 in 416 Rigby. It has a double set trigger. You push the trigger forward, and it becomes a 2 pound trigger. It’s a lovely rifle.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
CZ wins due to the CRF (control round feed), also they offer fixed sights on most models. Also the set trigger is quite nice.

I have had a couple, one in 416 Rigby and one in 9.3x62 and both were great.

I will be buying another in 375 H&H or 458 Lott very soon.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
If you want to take it hunting, Tikka T3x Stainless.

At first, it feels too light to be a quality rifle. Sight it in and you’ll put a ragged 3-shot hole with quality ammo at 100 yards if you do your part.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:

At first, it feels too light to be a quality rifle. Sight it in and you’ll put a ragged 3-shot hole with quality ammo at 100 yards if you do your part.

If you think a tikka feels too light to be a quality rifle, you should handle some of the sheep hunting rifle me and my buddies have, I have a kimber that when loaded and scoped is lighter than a tikka with no scope or magazine in it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to handle both a used Tikka and a Winchester M70 featherweight at a local gun store. Neither one was in a caliber I was remotely interested in,the Tikka was in .308 and the Winchester was in .223WSSM.

The Tikka was a very nice rifle but the Winchester made my heart skip a beat honestly. It had a decent Bushnell Elite 3x9 and just felt...right.

If the Winchester FW had been in a caliber I desired I would have owned it I swear.

I’ve got feelers out at the LGS and I’ve been searching online.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

If you think a tikka feels too light to be a quality rifle, you should handle some of the sheep hunting rifle me and my buddies have, I have a kimber that when loaded and scoped is lighter than a tikka with no scope or magazine in it.

Mine is a T3x Lite Stainless in 270 & it tips the scale at just over 8lbs with the scope mounted & an empty magazine.

Put 2 boxes through it at the range, sighting it in & getting familiar with it, and my shoulder wasn't complaining at the end.

Hopefully these aren't huge

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

Mine is a T3x Lite Stainless in 270 & it tips the scale at just over 8lbs with the scope mounted & an empty magazine.

Put 2 boxes through it at the range, sighting it in & getting familiar with it, and my shoulder wasn't complaining at the end.

Hopefully these aren't huge

I have a t3x superlite 6.5creedmoore that I’ve done a few upgrades too (mountain tactical bottom metal and trigger spring), I put an SWFA 3-15x42 mil/mil scope on it with dnz hi tmaster rings, it’s just under 8lbs, fun rifle.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
No experience with Tikka or the calibers you are looking for, but the CZ I have is a 527 in 7.62x39. It has the regular trigger and a set trigger. Regular trigger is 3 lbs and the set trigger is 1 lb 7 oz. The set trigger is extremely sweet. So sweet, that I decided that I did not need a scope for this rifle. First time I used the set trigger I fired the gun before I even knew I’d put my finger on the trigger. Something I got used to real fast. Tikka was on my short list, but the CZ won out. The only con I have about this rifle is that the magazine is almost impossible to get the 5th round in.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post